Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2012, 08:51 AM   #101

Well I talked to a manager at the dealership. Much more helpful then the stupid sales guy! Anyway, he told me to just keep using the unit until the end of the season and then call him back. He said it sounds like it will need to go back to Coachmen either way, if they do the major repairs of the slide out and replace the floor or just give us a new unit. Let's see how many more issues or leaks we can develop in the next couple months, eh! lol

sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 12:31 PM   #102

Ya we are done with coachmen either way. We used it this year still and it worked good a few minor things showed up but I just fixed them all except the previous issues I was having but we have 35 nights in it so far this year. This fall it will be advetised as we are looking at buying a waterfront cabin, but if that doesn't happen then we will be stepping back into a fifth wheel and going larger.
ehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #103

So yet another issue! Ugh!! We have yet to take our TT out and not have something go wrong with it! This time the rear elec. jacks would not drop. Had to manually lower them. Then I noticed parts laying under the motor of the jacks. Yep, they fell apart! Nice! UGH!! I'm so done with this piece of crap!!

Old 09-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #104

I purchase the FE on Aug the 1st.

I'm loving the experience but I've had a few concerns

1. The locks on all the compartments are sticky. Needed lubrication. One fell apart on the front pass thru.

2. The 2nd day, the left strut let go on the outside kitchen, denting it in the process. 1 screw was missing in the bracket holding the top of the strut and another was stripped. The dealer told me to send them pics.

3. The moulding on the inside of the entrance is falling off.

4. The remote for the stereo face plate is toast.

5. I have an annoying squeak in front of my oven/fridge area. I think it's coming from the suspension.

6. I don't have any heated air come out of the ducts in the rear bunkhouse.

7. Maybe I'm an idiot but I cannot move the dinette table to turn it into a bed. I can't find anything about it in the owners manual. I tried pulling it up but it bends so much we're afraid it'll break.

8. I am concerned I may be turning into an alcholic because I'm having a love affair with the outside kitchen with the "beer fridge." However, the outside stove has a slight design flaw. Using the small propane canisters, you have to walk around the stove to operate it. That prevents you from using the kitchen counter and sink while you cook. If it's raining, that's also annoying because the door don't cover you. ( I hate cooking inside)

8. The USB don't read my iPhone.

Still loving every minute of it.
FamilyTruckster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:09 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyTruckster View Post

1. The locks on all the compartments are sticky. Needed lubrication. One fell apart on the front pass thru.

2. The 2nd day, the left strut let go on the outside kitchen, denting it in the process. 1 screw was missing in the bracket holding the top of the strut and another was stripped. The dealer told me to send them pics.

5. I have an annoying squeak in front of my oven/fridge area. I think it's coming from the suspension.

7. Maybe I'm an idiot but I cannot move the dinette table to turn it into a bed. I can't find anything about it in the owners manual. I tried pulling it up but it bends so much we're afraid it'll break.

8. I am concerned I may be turning into an alcholic because I'm having a love affair with the outside kitchen with the "beer fridge." However, the outside stove has a slight design flaw. Using the small propane canisters, you have to walk around the stove to operate it. That prevents you from using the kitchen counter and sink while you cook. If it's raining, that's also annoying because the door don't cover you. ( I hate cooking inside)

Sorry about the other issues, but I may have a fix for the table. Grab both ends (long ways) and alternate pulling straight up each side like you are rocking the table by pulling up (left right, left, right). If it still does not come up, while pulling straight up on both sides (long ways), use a little twisting motion clockwise and counter clockwise. It should work loose.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #106

Angry 292BHDS Bunkhouse Heat

Quote:

The furnace vents on the outdoor kitchen wall of the bunkhouse are not being used due to the optional OD kitchen. Your frunace vent should be behind the bunkhouse divider curtian.....check it out.
Sorry to hear of all the issues, however this is no suprise to me being the not so proud owner of a 2012 292BHDS myself. I used to get upset when I discovered a problem with my TT but there have been so many now I just laugh ( its better than crying ).
"Coachman builds a nice looking trailer" however they fall way, way, way,
short in the quality department.
bjcohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcohn View Post
The furnace vents on the outdoor kitchen wall of the bunkhouse are not being used due to the optional OD kitchen. Your frunace vent should be behind the bunkhouse divider curtian.....check it out.
Sorry to hear of all the issues, however this is no suprise to me being the not so proud owner of a 2012 292BHDS myself. I used to get upset when I discovered a problem with my TT but there have been so many now I just laugh ( its better than crying ).
"Coachman builds a nice looking trailer" however they fall way, way, way,
short in the quality department.
I'll do that tonight, we're heading to the park after work. I may even take some wood glue and glue the mouldings in place again.

I gotta say, it's a nice camper, but the initial quality is very lacking. I'm glad I purchased the extended warranty. Hopefully most of the issues will be covered. I'm a thousand km away from the dealer. They'll have some work to do next summer.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Sorry about the other issues, but I may have a fix for the table. Grab both ends (long ways) and alternate pulling straight up each side like you are rocking the table by pulling up (left right, left, right). If it still does not come up, while pulling straight up on both sides (long ways), use a little twisting motion clockwise and counter clockwise. It should work loose.
The table works fine, thanks and so do the vent in the rear room. I also found another issue, one of the small ceiling lights above the table is loose. It kinda just hangs there.

The outside shower was also leaking but I tightened it up and all seems good for now.The stereo had to be reset again on Saturday and don't always respond to commands. Sometimes you need to press the screen a number of times before it'll respond. -the remote stopped working the second time I used it.

I also had a bad smell from the black water tank when I opened it on Friday. It took me a while to kill it. Before I left I placed some deodorizer in the tank so I was suprised by the stench. I emptied it yesterday and dumped some clean water in the toilet and added some liquid deodorizer. I hope it don't stink again this Friday.

We have spent a total of 16 nights in our new camper. The horrible fit and finish is astounding. Now I'm waiting for more things to go wrong.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:49 PM   #109

Quote:
The table works fine, thanks and so do the vent in the rear room. I also found another issue, one of the small ceiling lights above the table is loose. It kinda just hangs there.

The outside shower was also leaking but I tightened it up and all seems good for now.The stereo had to be reset again on Saturday and don't always respond to commands. Sometimes you need to press the screen a number of times before it'll respond. -the remote stopped working the second time I used it.

I also had a bad smell from the black water tank when I opened it on Friday. It took me a while to kill it. Before I left I placed some deodorizer in the tank so I was suprised by the stench. I emptied it yesterday and dumped some clean water in the toilet and added some liquid deodorizer. I hope it don't stink again this Friday.

We have spent a total of 16 nights in our new camper. The horrible fit and finish is astounding. Now I'm waiting for more things to go wrong.
https://sites.google.com/site/cbruni/

That talks about a way to take care of your black tank. I have read that many people have had a lot of luck with the smell with this method of keeping it clean. Based on all the small things you are putting on here, it seems your dealer missed a lot of stuff on there checkout on the trailer. Either way, sounds like you have been having a good time.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:03 PM   #110

Looks like I get to haul my 292 300 miles to the dealer and no help with fuel cost. Fun fun. Why didn't we just settle on something that was local?? Oh yeah, cause I thought this Coachmen was too good of a deal to pass up. Boy was I ever wrong! Oh well it is what it is now. Just suck it up and deal it with it, right?? Ugh! I a good note we do like the unit. Just wish we could have faith in it when we use the damn thing!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #111

New to forum..Bought our '12 292BHDS last year. Have had a great time with it. Pull unit with '05 Suburban 2500 8.1L. Pulls easily and gets excellent yardage. Hooked up w Equalizer brand anti-sway.
Problems so far...replaced Touch Audio system 2 times, dvd player not working. Outside kitchen door piston bracket fell off (screw too small). Used sheet rock anchor bolts with bigger screws to re-attach. Weather sealant on slide out peaking off. Big FYI, this latest trip the pantry door opened while heading to campsite. Didn't notice it behind slideout. When opening slideout, it ripped door off the wall. May move hinges to other side.
That's all so far....Happy Camping
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20121126_091504.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	21839  
ehull is offline   Reply With Quote