Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2012, 10:48 AM   #21

Here's my ist of issues, luckily I found out about them before we headed out on our shakedown trip and was able to have the dealer correct them before our 1st trip
1) Upon trying out the dinette bed, I found out that the table top would not sit flush with the support brackets on the wrap around bench so the table top would wobble. Dealer fixed

2) The entry door floor trim on the inside popped up on one side. Dealer Fixed

3) The water pump failed during sanitizing of the water system. The motor would run, but the pump would not draw water. The factory installed pump was a Atlis or something like that which the dealer was surprised when I told him. Once they looked at it, they replaced it with a Shureflo (much better pump).

Thats about it for issues so far! (knock on wood). We are really loving this trailer and are heading out again this weekend
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
Here's my ist of issues, luckily I found out about them before we headed out on our shakedown trip and was able to have the dealer correct them before our 1st trip
1) Upon trying out the dinette bed, I found out that the table top would not sit flush with the support brackets on the wrap around bench so the table top would wobble. Dealer fixed

2) The entry door floor trim on the inside popped up on one side. Dealer Fixed

3) The water pump failed during sanitizing of the water system. The motor would run, but the pump would not draw water. The factory installed pump was a Atlis or something like that which the dealer was surprised when I told him. Once they looked at it, they replaced it with a Shureflo (much better pump).

Thats about it for issues so far! (knock on wood). We are really loving this trailer and are heading out again this weekend
Glad to see your dealer has been good to you. How do you like your Husky hitch?
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Glad to see your dealer has been good to you. How do you like your Husky hitch?
It seems to work fine. I don't get any sway, but I really haven't driven it too far. The campground we went to this past weekend was only 15 mins away and the dealer is only 20mins away.

I'll get a better idea of the hitch this weekend as we will be travelling about an hour and a half.

A couple of things about this hitch is that it is pretty heavy and the truck needs to be pretty straight (within 3 degress) to the TT to get the bars tensioned up due to the spring loaded cylinders pushing back on the bars. Not a big deal really because you can hook up first, pull out and then tension up once you're straight.
I get a bit of porpoising on dips in the road, so I think I might have to tweek the set up a bit now that its fully loaded, but I need to go get this rig weighed to see where I stand.

I'm thinking I might need new rear shocks on the truck as well. That might help the porpoising.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #24

Quote:
It seems to work fine. I don't get any sway, but I really haven't driven it too far. The campground we went to this past weekend was only 15 mins away and the dealer is only 20mins away.

I'll get a better idea of the hitch this weekend as we will be travelling about an hour and a half.

A couple of things about this hitch is that it is pretty heavy and the truck needs to be pretty straight (within 3 degress) to the TT to get the bars tensioned up due to the spring loaded cylinders pushing back on the bars. Not a big deal really because you can hook up first, pull out and then tension up once you're straight.
I get a bit of porpoising on dips in the road, so I think I might have to tweek the set up a bit now that its fully loaded, but I need to go get this rig weighed to see where I stand.

I'm thinking I might need new rear shocks on the truck as well. That might help the porpoising.
Nice! Please post the outcome after the weekend.
Old 05-21-2012, 07:46 AM   #25

Quote:

I got the same hitch setup as you. I will be trying it out this Friday! Just got my TT on Saturday and took it for a test run with no bars or sway and was surprised at how well it towed! Can't wait to see what it does with everything setup!
sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #26

Towing with a Equalizer hitch

We are currently towing with the Equalizer brand 12,000 lb hitch. The tow vehicle is a 2003 GMC Yukon XL 2500 and the dry weight of the 292BHDS Liberty is 6400 lbs. Yes I know the 12,000 ib. rated Equalizer is a overkill however after concidering the small price difference between the Equalizer hitches I sprung for the 12,000 just in case we decide to buy a larger TT in the future.So far the Equalizer works great, I have not noticed any sway issues and I feel good knowing that I have a High quality, American made and heavy duty hitch back there.I paid just under $500 with shipping from Adventure RV.net
bjcohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead77 View Post
I got the same hitch setup as you. I will be trying it out this Friday! Just got my TT on Saturday and took it for a test run with no bars or sway and was surprised at how well it towed! Can't wait to see what it does with everything setup!
Are you sure you have a Husky Centreline? On the Centreline, the sway control is part of the head and cannot be removed. At the head of the trunnion bars there are 2 spring loaded canisters that provide opposite force on the trunnion bars that stops the sway before it happens.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:14 AM   #28

Not to hijack this thread.....I too have a Husky Centerline and my opinions are mixed. I dont have a lot to compare it to...i have used Reese dual cam on rentals but really never owned anything other than this husky hitch. The idea is a twist on the equalizer brand as you all know....the main issue i was concerned about gave me problems on my last trip. Our site at Kansas Speedway was very small....we arrived late and had trouble getting the truck within 3 degrees to be able to remove the bars....it was close but a real pain. I almost didnt get the bars off the drivers side and bent the "pry" bar that comes with the hitch. I also provided much entertainment to fellow nascar fans in my attempts to wrangle the trailer in the spot all in a straight line. In the end it worked out but in tight spaces it could be a real problem. I could have removed the bars off the truck prior to getting to the site but that still does not make me feel good about the whole setup. I do give it high marks for the sway and WD properties of the hitch.
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:23 PM   #29

Quote:
Are you sure you have a Husky Centreline? On the Centreline, the sway control is part of the head and cannot be removed. At the head of the trunnion bars there are 2 spring loaded canisters that provide opposite force on the trunnion bars that stops the sway before it happens.
Yes it has the spring canisters but also came with a sway bar. Is the sway bar not needed with the trunnion bars?
Old 05-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #30

You guys may think your overkill but that is perfect really better to have to much then not enough me personally I run a hensley arrow and tow with a 06 F350 but we also use our 08 Lincoln Navigator to pull it on the odd occasion, mostly when we venture into the states since I run dyed diesel in my truck and thats a no no in the states.
ehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #31

Quote:
Yes it has the spring canisters but also came with a sway bar. Is the sway bar not needed with the trunnion bars?

You got friction sway control bars as well? How are you supposed to mount them on the hitch because my Centreline does not have anywhere to mount the friction sway control bars like the round bar hitches have.

Just a correction to my earlier post about the Centreline, the spring canisters are removable by pulling out the pin that holds them. Husky recommends greasing the pins as maintenance.

The trunnion bars do help a little for sway control , but are mostly for weight distribution.
Old 05-28-2012, 08:52 PM   #32

Had to have our outside kitchen door replaced over the winter due to delamination too. Covered under warranty still.
83480coachmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #33

Memorial Day Red White and Blues

I'll make this short and not so sweet. We took out uor 292BHDS Liberty for a long Memorial Day weekend in Southern Wisconsin.
After a night of steady rain my wife noticed the carpet in the slide out twards the front of the trailer under the sofa was wet!! We must have a bad seal somewhere. We also noticed the laminate flooring in the main living area has come loose from the subfloor, the floor seems to have a giant air bubble in it. Also the main entry door dose not seem to fit properly we are having trouble opening and closing it without using excessive force. The trailer will be going back to the dealer this week ( I'm getting a little tired of discovering issues with this trailer, I hope I don't end up regretting this purchase). I thought Coachman TT's were a quality product. If I had it to do all over again knowing what I know now I would NOT buy a Coachman.
So far this year, 2 camping trips and 2 trips back to the dealer for repairs.
I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!
bjcohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcohn View Post
I'll make this short and not so sweet. We took out uor 292BHDS Liberty for a long Memorial Day weekend in Southern Wisconsin.
After a night of steady rain my wife noticed the carpet in the slide out twards the front of the trailer under the sofa was wet!! We must have a bad seal somewhere. We also noticed the laminate flooring in the main living area has come loose from the subfloor, the floor seems to have a giant air bubble in it. Also the main entry door dose not seem to fit properly we are having trouble opening and closing it without using excessive force. The trailer will be going back to the dealer this week ( I'm getting a little tired of discovering issues with this trailer, I hope I don't end up regretting this purchase). I thought Coachman TT's were a quality product. If I had it to do all over again knowing what I know now I would NOT buy a Coachman.
So far this year, 2 camping trips and 2 trips back to the dealer for repairs.
I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!

Oh boy, sorry about your bad luck. All manufacturers have their issues as well. Hopefully you'll get everything sorted out under warranty and be smooth camping after that.
Old 05-29-2012, 04:28 PM   #35

Quote:
Oh boy, sorry about your bad luck. All manufacturers have their issues as well. Hopefully you'll get everything sorted out under warranty and be smooth camping after that.
Ditto!
Old 05-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #36

Just for those that may not know like I didn't until now, their is more storage under the u shape dinette on the back side seat. Just pull up the cushion and you will see a hole to pull up the plywood to get to it.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #37

Oh boy! Well, after our first outing with our new TT we came back without it! Anyway we had a nice big storm our second night out and the skylight over the dinette soaked the cushions! Not only that but water somehow found it's way to the wall sconce light as water was leaking out of that as well! The big window by the dinette also leaks as well as the window by kitchen sink. Outside speaker by door does not work with radio on and pops and high pitch hum when radio is off. Last but not least the grip pad on our entry handle is ripped. So on our way home yesterday we dropped er off at the dealer with hopes they can get it all fixed for our next trip in 2 weeks!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:18 AM   #38

Quote:
You got friction sway control bars as well? How are you supposed to mount them on the hitch because my Centreline does not have anywhere to mount the friction sway control bars like the round bar hitches have.

Just a correction to my earlier post about the Centreline, the spring canisters are removable by pulling out the pin that holds them. Husky recommends greasing the pins as maintenance.

The trunnion bars do help a little for sway control , but are mostly for weight distribution.
I was mistaken as I finally used the setup. It "looks" like it has spring canisters but it does not. Just spring bars that "hook" into the empty canister thingys on the hitch. So yes the friction sway bar hooks to the little ball on the hitch head. It is the Husky round bar WD setup. Works pretty well as long as the friction sway bar is tightened down!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:20 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeleshark2 View Post
Just for those that may not know like I didn't until now, their is more storage under the u shape dinette on the back side seat. Just pull up the cushion and you will see a hole to pull up the plywood to get to it.
Ours has little doors that slide on the front of the back side seat but we can also lift the cushions to get to it as well.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #40

Quote:
Ours has little doors that slide on the front of the back side seat but we can also lift the cushions to get to it as well.
Our's has sliding doors on the front as well. No need to lift cushions.
I also noticed on some pictures on the internet I have seen of the 292BHDS, that there are no doors to access the storage on the front side of the dinette seats. Ours has these doors as well. Strange how the same model of trailer can have such differences.