Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrplay View Post
Our's has sliding doors on the front as well. No need to lift cushions.
I also noticed on some pictures on the internet I have seen of the 292BHDS, that there are no doors to access the storage on the front side of the dinette seats. Ours has these doors as well. Strange how the same model of trailer can have such differences.
Is yours a Liberty Edition? The L/E has a door on the left side and a nice big drawer for pot and pans or whatever on the right. The non L/E models do not have doors there.
sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:01 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledhead77 View Post
Is yours a Liberty Edition? The L/E has a door on the left side and a nice big drawer for pot and pans or whatever on the right. The non L/E models do not have doors there.

No, ours is not the Liberty Edition. It has doors on both sides. No drawer, although that would be nice. Maybe a nice mod I might attempt down the road.
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #43

Quote:
No, ours is not the Liberty Edition. It has doors on both sides. No drawer, although that would be nice. Maybe a nice mod I might attempt down the road.
Hmmm, interesting. But yeah that large drawer is nice! So I wonder why some models have doors and some don't? Like what packages do you need to get the doors? I do know the large drawer is a L/E option.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #44

Quote:
Hmmm, interesting. But yeah that large drawer is nice! So I wonder why some models have doors and some don't? Like what packages do you need to get the doors? I do know the large drawer is a L/E option.
Ya it is strange. We would have liked the Liberty Edition (Maple Leaf Edition here in Canada), but the dealer gave us a great deal on one he had on the lot, and we couldn't justify the extra 2000.00 for the Liberty/Maple Leaf. The one feature that the Liberty edition has that we really wanted was the black tank flush, but we had one installed by the dealer for $250.00, and I can tell you it was well worth it!.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:36 AM   #45

Quote:
Ya it is strange. We would have liked the Liberty Edition (Maple Leaf Edition here in Canada), but the dealer gave us a great deal on one he had on the lot, and we couldn't justify the extra 2000.00 for the Liberty/Maple Leaf. The one feature that the Liberty edition has that we really wanted was the black tank flush, but we had one installed by the dealer for $250.00, and I can tell you it was well worth it!.
We had two competing dealers and one had the L/E for $300 more! Sold! lol I second the black tank flush! One thing I noticed with it though is it took forever to flush it out.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #46

Yes there are doors on both sides of the U. However, behind the table under the seat (lift the seat cushion between the table and the wall) there is another storage space where the drawers are not at.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:50 AM   #47

Quote:
Oh boy! Well, after our first outing with our new TT we came back without it! Anyway we had a nice big storm our second night out and the skylight over the dinette soaked the cushions! Not only that but water somehow found it's way to the wall sconce light as water was leaking out of that as well! The big window by the dinette also leaks as well as the window by kitchen sink. Outside speaker by door does not work with radio on and pops and high pitch hum when radio is off. Last but not least the grip pad on our entry handle is ripped. So on our way home yesterday we dropped er off at the dealer with hopes they can get it all fixed for our next trip in 2 weeks!
We also had our first trip with our Freedom Express 310BHDS and had the skylight over the dinette leak. Water coming through the roof of a 12-hour old trailer is frustrating. It doesn't seem like the water went anywhere else in the roof, but we'll see when they pull the skylight out. No other major issues yet. On the up side, our dealer has been fantastic to work with so far.

Dave
the5Zs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #48

Thats 2 skylight's on the slide that has been reported on this site as leaking after delivery.
Wonder why the slide skylights are leaking and not the bathroom one?
Old 05-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #49

Quote:
Thats 2 skylight's on the slide that has been reported on this site as leaking after delivery.
Wonder why the slide skylights are leaking and not the bathroom one?
I'm guessing cause it's a total different design then the one above the tub.

Old 06-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #50

Shark,

The storage place you are referring to on the back side of the dinette, I can access from the front (Climbing under the table) with sliding doors, two doors they slide either way, no need to lift the cushion.

Getting ready for our first long trip with the coach, I report back with any issues. Leaving Wednesday for Hilton Head.

Will also be towing with the Expy as I sold the truck. Just got to put some final adjustments on the hitch setup as the receiver sits about 2.5 inches higher than the truck did....
Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:39 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ft W crew View Post
Shark,

The storage place you are referring to on the back side of the dinette, I can access from the front (Climbing under the table) with sliding doors, two doors they slide either way, no need to lift the cushion.

Getting ready for our first long trip with the coach, I report back with any issues. Leaving Wednesday for Hilton Head.

Will also be towing with the Expy as I sold the truck. Just got to put some final adjustments on the hitch setup as the receiver sits about 2.5 inches higher than the truck did....
Good luck with the trip! Hope it goes better then our first outing!

Old 06-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #52

Thanks Sled,

This is our second trip, bought back in March and used it for a week over spring break, had a good shake down trip very few items, keeping my fingers crossed however. It never fails every trip I have ever been on whether its towing a trailer or driving a RV there is always something, I just chalk it up the the "RV Experience". I use to stress out about this kind of stuff, but now I just blow it off and laugh. I have enough stress at work...
Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:04 PM   #53

Well, I will have to look to see if I have doors then.. I do not think I really ever looked. I hope you have fun FT W Crew.
Old 06-04-2012, 07:42 PM   #54

Any update with the issues?
Old 06-04-2012, 07:46 PM   #55

Took mine to the dealer they said they couldn't do anything about the tires rubbing said it was they way I drive lol black streaks thry said were normal until the paint wears off underneath I just laughed at them and told them where to go needless to say this will be the last season with our freedom sorry guys probably heading back to a 5ver
ehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehorn View Post
Took mine to the dealer they said they couldn't do anything about the tires rubbing said it was they way I drive lol black streaks thry said were normal until the paint wears off underneath I just laughed at them and told them where to go needless to say this will be the last season with our freedom sorry guys probably heading back to a 5ver
That sucks. Did you call coachmen directly?
Old 06-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #57

Ya sure did and they said they can't do anything without seeing it directly so they have to go off what the dealer says so I asked if could go for anothe opinion and they said yes so I might do that but this trailer is to small anyways lol. I wasn't impressed anyways.
ehorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #58

Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjcohn View Post
I'll make this short and not so sweet. We took out uor 292BHDS Liberty for a long Memorial Day weekend in Southern Wisconsin.
After a night of steady rain my wife noticed the carpet in the slide out twards the front of the trailer under the sofa was wet!! We must have a bad seal somewhere. We also noticed the laminate flooring in the main living area has come loose from the subfloor, the floor seems to have a giant air bubble in it. Also the main entry door dose not seem to fit properly we are having trouble opening and closing it without using excessive force. The trailer will be going back to the dealer this week ( I'm getting a little tired of discovering issues with this trailer, I hope I don't end up regretting this purchase). I thought Coachman TT's were a quality product. If I had it to do all over again knowing what I know now I would NOT buy a Coachman.
So far this year, 2 camping trips and 2 trips back to the dealer for repairs.
I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!!!
6/5/12
My dealer said they pressurized the interior of the trailer then sprayed a soap and water solution on the exterior of the trailer. They found that the small window next to the couch had a leak as well as 2 in the roof of the slide. They also realligned the entry door.... we'll see on the next trip. Also apparantly the trailer has a "floating floor" by design, so the idea of the dealer ripping up the floor in order to glue it down dose not appeal to me right now.
So far 7 nights camped and 12 days in the shop for repairs.
Again I am less than impressed with the build quality of this trailer, maybe mine was built on a Monday.
bjcohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5Zs View Post
We also had our first trip with our Freedom Express 310BHDS and had the skylight over the dinette leak. Water coming through the roof of a 12-hour old trailer is frustrating. It doesn't seem like the water went anywhere else in the roof, but we'll see when they pull the skylight out. No other major issues yet. On the up side, our dealer has been fantastic to work with so far.

Dave
Dropped the camper off on Saturday. No word yet on what the dealer found as far as the skylight leaking.

Dave
the5Zs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #60

So I called the dealer yesterday. Haven't even touched the camper. They told me a week. Been a week and one day! Not happy! Got a trip planned for next weekend that we need to cancel now. Anyway, during our conversation we talked about the leak through the sky light. I'm worried about mildew/mold in the insulation now since that leak. She said shouldn't have to worry about it since it was only a one time thing. What do you think? Water leaked through the sky light of the slide out making it's way across the inside of the roof and down the wall to the wall sconce light. Just don't want to have any issues with mold or rot.