Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2013, 02:31 PM   #1

Freedom Express 320BHDS

Just wanted to post what has happened since our purchase.(April 2013) Looking for inputs and suggestions depending on how this turns out. Left July 4th for the beach and upon arriving discoverd water had come in from the side of the slide and was in the carpet that is not part of the slide, this would be the dinnette and and couch area, also noticed dampness in back room on from that slide also.(the carpet compromised is the part that gets exposed when you let the slides out) To make matters worse, the next day I looked around for other problem areas and found a sagging at the very front underneath the storage compartment, you know where the black material that protects the sub floor. After cutting slits in that material about a half gallon flowed out and gobs of greenish slim, yuck! I looked at the storage compartment above that area and noticed the linolium had changed color some, so this lets me know that the water had been sitting for sometime. Carried it to the dealer and waiting to hear back from them. Are there any other areas that should be of concern, ie- wall above that front compartment?
Scooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:51 AM   #2

Mine was leaking at the faucet connections. I also noticed water on the underside. Traced it to where the H and C water lines were screwed to the bottom of the Galley faucet. Then I checked them all and they were all loose. Check all your faucet connections and the drain pipes also under your sinks and hand tighten them well. These things get tightened at the factory but tend to loosen up after sitting on the lot. Do not over tighten as these are made of plastic but snug all of them up well with your hand. If you already know that it's your slide leaking make sure no sticks etc. are marring the seal. I just wanted to inform you of the plumbing connections before it leaks also as you are a new Freedom Express owner like me. So far my dealer has been wonderful about fixing all my little problems, Skaggs RV in Elizabethtown Ky. Good luck.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #3
daydreaming about camping

We just had a similar experience with water coming in around the main slide and getting that carpet wet. In looking at it, the slide no longer sits flush against the sidewall when closed in the rear. It is going into the dealer next week to look at this. I will talk with them about how to adjust myself. I tend to think there is just some maintenance on all slide models.

However the rest of your problems sound like some additional leaking from other places. hopefully your dealer can sort it out.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:43 PM   #4

We had a similar problem with leaking at the front corner of the large slide and the front corner of the bunkhouse slide. Returned to dealer where they found that both bottom "sweep seals" had been stapled incorrectly, causing them to leak. They removed the stapls, and the slides have not leaked since. Good luck!!!
PatriotsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:52 PM   #5

Hey Guy's
Have any issues with your outdoor kitchen door? We have had both the right and left hinges come off the door!
derf63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf63 View Post
Hey Guy's
Have any issues with your outdoor kitchen door? We have had both the right and left hinges come off the door!
Mine is a one piece piano hinge. Maybe they changed the hinge?

Old 08-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #7

Nothing noted being wrong on ours yet. But i guess this is something to be on the look out for.
Old 08-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf63 View Post
Hey Guy's
I had both my hinge brackets break in our outdoor kitchen. The screws sheared right off due to the forces when closing the door.
It is at the deal right now getting fixed. I think they are going to put stainless steel bolts and nuts right through the door. That should hopefully hold up.
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #9

Hmm, I did find some cranking assemblies online. I think install would not be hard and you would need some caulking to reseal. The other option that may work depending on exactly where it may be broken is some JBWELD. Good luck.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #10

No problems so far. really havent used it that much either, maybe open and closed it 20 times. i thought, when seeing the setup, that it would be best to not to close by holding the corners but to grab it in the middle and pull slowly down. maybe my time is coming but i hope not.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:38 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooper View Post
No problems so far. really havent used it that much either, maybe open and closed it 20 times. i thought, when seeing the setup, that it would be best to not to close by holding the corners but to grab it in the middle and pull slowly down. maybe my time is coming but i hope not.
I have thought about putting a strap on the inside middle of the door to aid when pulling it down. Depending on slope of the site, even at 6 feet I have had to hop a little to catch the edge of the door to bring it down. Pulling it down by a corner would put a lot of stress on it.

Old 09-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #12

My black water tank starts to leak when it reaches 2/3 full or off I'm flushing it. I have t taken it to the dealer yet but it will soon. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and also when I close my electric awning it does not fit flush against its self. When it starts to roll up the it looks find but I notice wrinkles in the fabric when I unroll it so it makes me think that it is shift or rolling up faster on one side more then the other. Has this happened to anyone or heard of this
Siryogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 02:30 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siryogman View Post
My black water tank starts to leak when it reaches 2/3 full or off I'm flushing it. I have t taken it to the dealer yet but it will soon. I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and also when I close my electric awning it does not fit flush against its self. When it starts to roll up the it looks find but I notice wrinkles in the fabric when I unroll it so it makes me think that it is shift or rolling up faster on one side more then the other. Has this happened to anyone or heard of this
First off, as I see this is your first post:

I would get that to a dealer ASAP if it were me.

Can you post pictures of the awning? I have not noticed this with mine, though it comes out slightly wrinkled, it does sit flush with each arm inside the channel when retracted.

Old 09-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #14

Nothing wiht my roll up situation, slight wrinkle when very clode to camper side. But it definitely sits flush in the rails up the side of camper. FYI everyone owning the 320, check caulking around the camper. appears mine may be the culprit as to why water was getting in both slides. Assumption would be dealer would have checked that first time we had a leak but............ anyway getting recaulked now and waiting on next flood to see what happens.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:56 AM   #15

Ok so i finally got it back from the dealer after 3 month of waiting. The strap that hold the black water tank had dug a hole on the top of the tank. The awning was fixed but still not sitting right when it closes. Used it 3 times since then, just found the black water tank leaking again, and the outside kitchen door is broken. The bracket on the door came off, it looks as if water is getting inside the door because the screws are rusted and the door is swelling on one side of the inside part of the door. And for kicks i was closing the rear slide when a bag fell inside on the floor and did not allow the slide to close on one side. After reopening the slide is dragging on the side where the bag fel when i close and open it and i have to push it close from the outside when closing. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened to the slide out. Here is a pic at fort wilderness
Old 10-22-2014, 10:33 AM   #16

Mine goes in Tuesday for some work. Here's the list. Floor tore at fridge and they hack fixed it, front awning arm doesn't seat tight like rear, wired microwave and fireplace on same circuit, igniter broke off stove 3rd time we used it, water coming in on slide sides when driving in rain, when looking at fireplace they wrecked a wall, electric tongue jack works when it wants but arcs out sometimes, screws keep coming loose on outdoor kitchen. Oh, always run the fan when cooking. Shut it off got a couple minutes and wiring melted. Think that's all that's left to be fixed on our 2014 320bhds. Still love it
JonClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #17

My awning does the same thing, and i have noticed water coming in on the kitchen slide due to the water coming from the split in the awning track right above the slide. Other than that i love my trailer also
Old 10-22-2014, 12:08 PM   #18

Haven't had the kitchen slide leak....yet
JonClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:13 PM   #19

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	592.8 KB
ID:	65165  
Old 10-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #20

Sorry it leaks when its leaning to one side other then that its ok. Question does your door in the out side kitchen feels like if it has a line running up and down on the inside of the door. I noticed it on mine after the shock bracket came off the door because the screws were rusted. I have a feeling its not normal and water got in there and is delimitating the door. I think the door should be flat with no bumps or anything just like it looks and feels on the out side of the door. Ill try to post some pics of it but its hard to see