Old 06-27-2012, 11:56 AM   #11

Welcome to the forum Congratulations on your new trailer & truck!

Old 07-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #12

Was your Tacoma a V6? We are currently looking at this camper. It fits the criteria for the size trailer we can pull. Our SUV is rated at 5400 lbs. It's a Chevy Trailblazer.

It's has the private bedroom, bunks (we have a 4 yr old) and also it's not a hybrid. The dealer has a 2013 for $16,900. It's got what he called a spring package which includes some upgrades. I do wish it had a ducted a/c and a tv in the bedroom and tv hookups outside.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clane5687 View Post
Was your Tacoma a V6? We are currently looking at this camper. It fits the criteria for the size trailer we can pull. Our SUV is rated at 5400 lbs. It's a Chevy Trailblazer.

It's has the private bedroom, bunks (we have a 4 yr old) and also it's not a hybrid. The dealer has a 2013 for $16,900. It's got what he called a spring package which includes some upgrades. I do wish it had a ducted a/c and a tv in the bedroom and tv hookups outside.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be helpful.
The Tacoma was a V6 with the TRD Sport Package which gave it a 6500 lb tow capacity. The vehicle was fine pulling the trailer, but you definitely needed to make sure the trailer was properly loaded. I'm sure your Trailblazer can handle it, but it's sure close to the edge of its envelope.

After looking for a while, our remaining choices were either a Keystone Passport 238ML, or our 230BH. The bedroom, U-shaped dinette, and the better decor sealed it for us.

Good luck with the search, and I'm curiou what you end up with.

Cheers,

Peter

N Scale Model Railroader
milw156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 08:05 PM   #14

We just purchased a 2013 FE 230BH-LTZ and love it! Our shakedown cruise is this weekend. We'll let you know how it goes. I too have a 2010 Tacoma DC/SB 4x4 V6 and she handled towing in the mountains of PA OK. Kept her in 4th, and speed no higher than 60 (no lower than 50 on the climbs) with RPMs holding less than 3k. I have the Equal-i-zer WDH with a P2 TBC.

Gordon
Old 09-01-2012, 02:40 AM   #15

Congratulations on your new trailer! Would love to see some outside and inside pics of her if you get time. Just curious if there are any major differences between the '12 and '13 models.

Congrats again!

Cheers,

Peter

N Scale Model Railroader
milw156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by milw156
Congratulations on your new trailer! Would love to see some outside and inside pics of her if you get time. Just curious if there are any major differences between the '12 and '13 models.

Congrats again!

Cheers,

Peter
No real differences. I'll get some photos up here from our labor day weekend trip to Yogi Bear's campground, Jellystone, in Quarryville, PA.