Took the 2nd trip with our '12 230BH. The first trip was with a Toyota Tacoma that I traded in for a larger tow vehicle. I'd consider the 1st trip a wash since we didn't have a clue what we were doing.
2nd trip was way less stressful since we went to the same facility but with a bit more experience.
We have several longer trips planned including out of state, so these practice runs have been invaluable.
The trailer has been great, minus the water pump that failed on the first voyage. Quick fix and we've been back in business ever since.
- Perfect starter trailer since my girls are young and love the bunks
- Tows well with my half-ton and is short enough to not be a challenge maneuvering
- Manual jacks, tongue and awning for less maintenance? (maybe ok now while I'm still young)
- Love the decor
- Small enough to clean quickly
- Feels like a camper - some are more like corporate jets
- Mobile bathroom as the kids will always need to go after we've left home or the campground. Then again there is nothing like using your own bathroom at a Rest Area!
- I need a step ladder to reach the awning strap (maybe the manual awning isn't so good
- The standard mattress is horrible, and it's been bear finding an inexpensive topper. May resort to cutting a memory foam King from Wal Mart.
The most important thing is that my wife and kids had a great time. It would have made for a really expensive experiment had they not enjoyed it.
It's tough sitting here on Monday and wanting to get back on the road for another trip.