Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2016, 08:38 AM   #1

Freedom Express Water Pump

Hello,

I own a 2016 257BHS Freedom Express. Anyone know how to get access to the water pump? I pulled out some kitchen drawers and can see it tucked back between the door and sink area but have some confusion regarding how to get access to it so I can service a leaking water pump.

Also, should the water pump be leaking when hooked up to city water? I have yet to use the water pump but woke up one morning to water on the floor and traced it back to the water pump leak. Looks like one of the plastic elbow joints is bad.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!
Nordsmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 08:41 AM   #2

You should have no leaks of any kind in your plumbing system. As to your actual installation you may have to remove panels and drawers and work in tight places to replace any parts on the water pump.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 09:32 AM   #3
Insert witty title here

The water pump in my 310BHDS can be easily accessed from the outside by removing the drawer.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #4

I've got the same camper. I was just looking at it this weekend during a trip. It looks like to gain full access to the pump the wood panel separating the storage space in the cabinet needs to be removed somehow.
gojeepgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 10:40 PM   #5
Commercial Member

Based on my experience with a 2008 21QB and 2016 23QB FR makes no provision for service / removal or replacement of the water pump with normal tools. It appears they install the pump to the underfloor then build more of the RV partitions and floor over and around the pump.

After all since they do not stand behind the products they build, for much longer than the time it takes to drive off the dealer lot, what do they care about being able to service a pump? They know it is the owners that have to make the effort and pay $100 an hour for someone to try and figure out how.

Before you ask. Yes I bought a 2nd one knowing full well the problems new and old I could expect from FR. I have the facilities, tools and mechanical automotive experience to fix the mistakes they sell.
.Write a blog on RV tire application RV Tire Safety. 48 years experience as tire design & forensic engineer. My RV Freelander 23QB on Chevy 4500 chassis. Giving seminars on RV Tire applications (not selling)@ FMCA Conventions. Mar 20-22 Tucson AZ
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 07:22 PM   #6

Remove two screws holding that panel in the back of the lower cabinets in place and the water pump is directly behind it.
gojeepgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 09:48 PM   #7

Thanks, I know exactly what you are talking about and will give it a shot. Trailer is still under warranty but want to see if I can tackle this myself versus giving up weeks of access for it to sit at the dealer vs a 10 minute fix. Thanks again everyone.
Nordsmen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freedom express, pump, water, water pump