Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2016, 10:49 AM   #1

Gray tank valve

I have a 16 Chaparel 29RLS, just got it a month ago, had trouble opening the Gray tank valve it was hard to pull. Last time I emptied I sprayed with WD 40 and it opened and closed very easy. Go to empty now tank is full and it won't open.

Any suggestions?
Robndon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:54 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

If you have a cable between the handle and the valve, there are lots of reports on here about the cable sticking and/or coming loose at the ends.

If you have a rod that goes from the handle to the valve there is a good possibility the valve blade seal twisted and is holding the blade tight enough you cant move it. If so you may have to disassemble the blade valve to fix. Messy at best with a full tank.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #3

My cable on my rear gray tank valve has frozen. I still haven't taken it in to the dealer to get it fixed because once they have it I know I'll lose the use of the camper for the season.
I cut an access flap in the under lining about where I though the valve was, got lucky and nailed it. Then I was able to manipulate the valve to open and close by hand. Not perfect but I can use the kitchen sink without worrying about it filling and not being able to empty.
After the next trip it will probably go for repairs.
2016 Ford F350 XLT 6.7 Powerstroke DRW 4X4
2016 Brookstone 395RL
dwayneb236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:35 PM   #4

Called numerous service sites and mobile repair, next week is the earliest. Had a look under and used a screwdriver to pry open valve at the tank. Jerry rig at its best at least it is empty and I know how to fix.

Dealership on the way home for permanent fix.
Robndon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank, grey water