Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-04-2016, 07:01 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
UPDATE:

Well you all have heard the saying, "Good things come to those who wait?"

On a whim, I called our local Coachmen dealer yesterday to see if whoever in their company that orders stock for them would consider getting an Apex 269RBKS in with the possibility of a sale. The salesman we've been working with said he would check and get back to me. To my surprise, he calls back 15 minutes later and informs me that it so happens they have that very same model with all of the options we were wanting!! He says they should have it in the next day. An hour goes by and he calls and says I must be living right because it just rolled in their lot!

This morning the DW and I go and look at it and it was a done deal! They had it all set up and cleaned and ready to go. We worked out the trade-in details of my current rig and came to an agreement on price and it looks like I'll be getting it on Monday! Talk about being at the right place at the right time!!

Needless to say Christmas came early......
Way to go! Congratulations! Welcome to the Apex family. I may have posted this statement before- "We love what Apex 250 RLS has been doing for us"
Old 12-12-2016, 11:45 PM   #42

Well It's Official!!

We brought our new Coachmen Apex 269 RBKS home today!! It is parked in the driveway for now. The DW and I spent the day going over and checking everything out. Members of my family came and looked at it to and very impressed with it so far!!

Looking forward to going out on our first outing in the Spring (hurry up). But I'll put it to bed, the dealer winterized it so it should be good......
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 07:14 AM   #43

Congratulations on your new toy, So you feel like the kid on Christmas morning now, it is so fun setting up a new RV. Happy camping

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 06:46 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlePM View Post
Congratulations on your new toy, So you feel like the kid on Christmas morning now, it is so fun setting up a new RV. Happy camping
You're right, I did feel like a kid at X-Mas! As a matter of fact, when we left the dealership, we both said "Merry Christmas" to each other!!
Old 12-13-2016, 07:44 PM   #45

Congratulations....kinda makes me miss the quest for a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 06:15 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Well It's Official!!

We brought our new Coachmen Apex 269 RBKS home today!! It is parked in the driveway for now. The DW and I spent the day going over and checking everything out. Members of my family came and looked at it to and very impressed with it so far!!

Looking forward to going out on our first outing in the Spring (hurry up). But I'll put it to bed, the dealer winterized it so it should be good......
After having our trailer in storage the last couple of months, we took our Apex out on its' first shake-down trip. With temps in the upper 60's to low 70's, I told the DW I had a bad case of "camperitis" and wanted to go.

We do have a couple of warranty issues that will need to be addressed though. The main one being a leak in the large sofa slide out. We had some rain a week ago an the carpet in front of the sofa was sopping wet. I walked around the trailer to investigate and saw a hole about the size of a silver dollar at the top corner of the slide where the side and top of the slideout are joined together. Also the shade behind the sofa does not want to stay in the UP position, may need an adjustment? I have scheduled to take it in to the dealer next week for work on it. I will have them install a Furrion high speed observation camera on it.

The main thing I need to learn though and get comfortable with using, is the Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch. I ended up whacking the heck out of my knuckles! OUCH!!! I had used an equalizer hitch for years and the dealership sold me on the OX. I am not used to using the bar and chain set-ups. Apparently I didn't have my TV rear end up high enough and I learned a lesson the hard way!

Other than those 2 issues, we managed to camp the whole week with using water from our holding tanks as the campground water was still shut down. All in all this is a great couples trailer and a big upgrade from our hybrid and will be looking forward to going out again!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Old 02-25-2017, 08:51 PM   #47

G-man,

Nice to hear that most of your week you had very nice weather. I'll take your advice on the the Blue Ox as I have a new one waiting for me at the dealership. I'm so excited as I am picking up my new Salem Hemisphere 26RL Hypter-Lyte on Saturday March 4th. ( 1-week from today ). Wife and I plan to take it out on the first nice weekend after we pick it up, hopefully in March.
I have went online at made a reservation at Lincoln State Park for May 4th, 5th, & 6th nights. I reserved site #44. If you plan to camp at Lincoln State Park on this weekend stop by as the wife and I would enjoy your company.

Houseboater -2- Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:29 PM   #48

Great to hear that you had a chance to get out and shake- down. Sounds like all in all the trip was good for y'all. Hope the warranty issues are repaired in a timely manner and things are resolved properly and professionally. Here's wishing you a great camping season glsimms [emoji2]
Old 02-26-2017, 09:49 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboater -2- Camper View Post
G-man,

Nice to hear that most of your week you had very nice weather. I'll take your advice on the the Blue Ox as I have a new one waiting for me at the dealership. I'm so excited as I am picking up my new Salem Hemisphere 26RL Hypter-Lyte on Saturday March 4th. ( 1-week from today ). Wife and I plan to take it out on the first nice weekend after we pick it up, hopefully in March.
I have went online at made a reservation at Lincoln State Park for May 4th, 5th, & 6th nights. I reserved site #44. If you plan to camp at Lincoln State Park on this weekend stop by as the wife and I would enjoy your company.

I know waiting for this week to go by will be like a kid at Christmas waiting for Santa to come! That Salem is a nice unit!

I'm semi-retired so maybe the wife and I can get there then! I have a 9 year old grandson and he's on the Newburgh All-Star baseball team and a lot of our camping plans center around whether he has a tournament or not, so we will see what shakes out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapex View Post
Great to hear that you had a chance to get out and shake- down. Sounds like all in all the trip was good for y'all. Hope the warranty issues are repaired in a timely manner and things are resolved properly and professionally. Here's wishing you a great camping season glsimms [emoji2]
Thanks for the reply tapex! Yeah, a couple of issues. But I'm lucky in that my local dealer is a good one. And likewise, I hope you have a fun camping season too!
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH
Old 03-08-2017, 08:42 PM   #50

glsimms..interested to hear
who you dealt with at Colerain. We bought our Shamrock hybrid there 3 years ago and were very satisfied with the sales lady and the overall experience.
If you can remember her name, post it or pm me. Reason being we may be in the market in another year or so and if Rene isn't there anymore, don't want stuck with a dufuss.
2013 Ram 1500
jking46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:08 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking46 View Post
glsimms..interested to hear
who you dealt with at Colerain. We bought our Shamrock hybrid there 3 years ago and were very satisfied with the sales lady and the overall experience.
If you can remember her name, post it or pm me. Reason being we may be in the market in another year or so and if Rene isn't there anymore, don't want stuck with a dufuss.
Sent you a pm Jim....
Blue Ox SwayPro WDH