Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #1

Issues with JT strongarm

Hey all. I have a 2015 360IBL. Last year I put the JT strong arms on and wow what a difference. Only issue I have is on the front. When the legs are lifted with the motor. Then you pull the pin and raise the rest with your hand. Mine are extremely difficult to raise. I disconnected the JT arms and the leg moves easy. I followed the instructions to a "T" and even watched their installation video again now. Does anyone else notice that the legs are very difficult to raise after. Any one have any tricks. And yes the "T" bars are loosened prior to moving. And when I disconnected the arms the tubes slide in and out very easy so its not a JT problem. It might be something I am missing. Thanks for any help
Old 05-23-2016, 03:45 PM   #2

Did you happen to put some heavy grease on the rods?
Old 05-23-2016, 03:47 PM   #3
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by sau4u View Post
Hey all. I have a 2015 360IBL. Last year I put the JT strong arms on and wow what a difference. Only issue I have is on the front. When the legs are lifted with the motor. Then you pull the pin and raise the rest with your hand. Mine are extremely difficult to raise. I disconnected the JT arms and the leg moves easy. I followed the instructions to a "T" and even watched their installation video again now. Does anyone else notice that the legs are very difficult to raise after. Any one have any tricks. And yes the "T" bars are loosened prior to moving. And when I disconnected the arms the tubes slide in and out very easy so its not a JT problem. It might be something I am missing. Thanks for any help
How about a picture. Sounds like the mounting point on the frame may be off or the mount on the pad (leg) is mis-located.
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 03:54 PM   #4

Mine are super easy.
Maybe something is out of alignment?

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 05-23-2016, 04:24 PM   #5

Sounds like you are binding in the ends or the telescoping tubes... my guess is one is either bent or the outer tube isn't round

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:52 PM   #6

Hey all. No heavy grease on anything. Nothing bent. If i disconnect the arms the tubes slide freely. If its not normal which i expected it wasnt. It must be an alignment issue. I will start disconnecting tubes to see if i can determine which ones are binding. I assume when the tubes are mounted they should be as square with the trailer as legs as possible. I am not around the camper right now cant so cant get any pics.
sau4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:57 PM   #7

We had them on our race team toy hauler and I have them on my current 5er. Both trailers have one that is much harder than the other. I think it's probably an alignment thing. If I get directly under the foot or have someone else help lift so everything stays square, it is much easier.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:23 PM   #8

Well here is what i found. A couple of the bolts were slightly too tight. Loosened half turn and much easier. Still not as easy as no jt arms but i can now lift with one arm. Thanks for all the input guys.
sau4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:14 PM   #9

jt strongarm difficult to raise

The trick is to just raise the landing gear to clear ground contact THEN lift the base plate BEFORE raising the landing gear all the way up MUCH EASIER
jackssilverback29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:20 PM   #10

Mine require a tad more effort then without them but still 1 hand operation as far as lifting them.
blwnsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:07 PM   #11

My issue was definitely the bolts holding the jt arms onto the braces were just a little tight. Not much. But enough. I gave the snug ones a little less than half a turn and now it's a one hand operation. Before I had to get wife to hold the spring loaded pin out so I could use both hands to lift the jack.

Side note. Does anyone know of a replacement spring loaded pin for front landing gear that can be set to open position by say a slight turn in the handle. If that makes sense. Mine are spring loaded and when I let go they automatically go back in. I like how they operate just wish I had to option to leave in open position thanks for all the help.