Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-16-2013, 03:58 PM   #1

Just ordered a 2014 320BHDS

Well we went to the local Coachman dealer today just to look around, and ordered a 320BHDS!! Delivery date of second week in May, which kinds stinks, since we already have two trips planned before then, but we will be able to send the old camper off in fashion this way, we will use it these last times and bid it farewell. The Rv dealer has one coming in stock this week, and I thought I could buy that one, but they have it sold already, and the other two on order also. I guess this is a popular floor plan. They have only sold white ones though, I ordered the black and tan. My wife got to pick out the interior color then too, she picked caramel, the others they had were onyx, which we were not fond of, I liked the latte color, but to make her happy. I also deleted the power stab jacks, I like the manual scissor jacks better, with a drill they are faster, and I think they are slightly more stable also. Otherwise every option, but the freestanding dinette was ordered. Now these next two months are going to kill me!! The only thing that has e concerned is there is only one roof vent, in the bathroom. The bunk house and the bedroom do not have them, or so I was told, maybe a current owner of the 320 can tell me different ( Jeep, can you pipe in here? )

Now we wait, then I will be happy, happy, happy!

Korey
Old 03-16-2013, 04:14 PM   #2

Congrats on your 2014 Coachman 320BHDS. Did you order it from DeHaan?
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
daydreaming about camping

unfortunately the only roof vent is in fact the one in the bathroom. The fan that comes with it is kind of puny too. We were very worried about not having a roof vent in the bunkroom, but so far (knock on wood) it has really not been an issue. The windows in the bunkroom allow for pretty decent cross flow.

This is one thing I will keep an eye on long term. If it becomes an issue I can add a roof vent in the bunkroom. I would most likely convert the other to a magic fan at the same time.

In retrospect, I would have had the dealer swap it for a magic fan when we picked it up. I probably could have negotiated that into our purchase price.

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
Congrats on your 2014 Coachman 320BHDS. Did you order it from DeHaan?
No, DeHaan's does not deal with the Freedom Express line, I wish they did, I really like using them. I will still use their service department though.

I ordered it through Janesville RV, they are only about 25 minutes away from me, so that is not so bad. DeHaan's is roughly 10 minutes away.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:25 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kordog View Post
No, DeHaan's does not deal with the Freedom Express line, I wish they did, I really like using them. I will still use their service department though.

I ordered it through Janesville RV, they are only about 25 minutes away from me, so that is not so bad. DeHaan's is roughly 10 minutes away.
Years ago we bought a hybrid from DeHaan. During PDI they noticed a very small scratch, about an inch, in the oval mirror in hallway. I told them it didn't bother me. Guy said it bothered him and they ordered us a new mirror. I was very impressed! Everytime we go to the Milwaukee RV show they still remember us by name. They are about 30 minutes south from us, straight down 67.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #6

Yes they are very good people. I really tried to get another trailer from them, but they just did not have a trailer that meet our criteria.

Wiscampson, where do you usually camp? We like to stay within a 2 hour drive so that our weekends are not all driving. If we stay longer then the weekend we will travel further. We like Hidden Valley in Milton, it is very clean and well kept. Jellystone Fort Atkinson is usually our last minute fallback campground since they usually have room every weekend. Pride of America in Pardeville is fun too, we have been there for their water wars and Halloween weekends. Lots of fun.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:41 PM   #7

Quote:
Yes they are very good people. I really tried to get another trailer from them, but they just did not have a trailer that meet our criteria.

Wiscampson, where do you usually camp? We like to stay within a 2 hour drive so that our weekends are not all driving. If we stay longer then the weekend we will travel further. We like Hidden Valley in Milton, it is very clean and well kept. Jellystone Fort Atkinson is usually our last minute fallback campground since they usually have room every weekend. Pride of America in Pardeville is fun too, we have been there for their water wars and Halloween weekends. Lots of fun.
Currently we're on a seasonal site at a campground outside Montello which is north of Pardeeville. I too like the 2 hour rule . We did alot of Wis state parks. Wyalusing, Point Beach, Mirror Lake, and High Cliff were our favorites and we camped at each of those several times over the years with the kids. Kettle Moraine State Forest - Ottawa Lake is 7 minutes from our house. And yes we did camp there on a nonreservable site at the last minute a couple times just to get away from home.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 AM   #8

What would be a a good price on this trailer?

Seems like the Canadian RV dealers want crazy money for them up here and would like to compare a bit.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #9

At the RV show I saw this unit for $27995.00 I have seen elsewhere they are asking $32995.00 to $34995.00. I bought mine for 31,187.00 out the door with TTL. I feel pretty happy about the price. Plus the dealer is having an open house this weekend and they are selling one of my golf carts with no commission.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:27 AM   #10

Quote:
At the RV show I saw this unit for $27995.00 I have seen elsewhere they are asking $32995.00 to $34995.00. I bought mine for 31,187.00 out the door with TTL. I feel pretty happy about the price. Plus the dealer is having an open house this weekend and they are selling one of my golf carts with no commission.

Great, thanks again, much appreciated.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #11

My family and I have a 2014 320BHDS Liberty Edition on order now. Due in in about 2nd week in April. We 30,800.00 OTD with liberty pkg, upgraded 15k a/c and WDH w/sway control included. We shopped for months and this unit really grabbed the wife's attention. It had her island kitchen and my outdoor kitchen. Plus the bunk house for our 3 girls. We are stepping into this from a popup. The girls can't wait for delivery and weather to warm up. I am new to this site as well. So any advice or information is welcome.
Cobra93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:16 AM   #12

Wow Cobra, that's a HUGE jump! What are you towing it with, and what hitch do you plan on using?

I wish mine was due that soon, I will be camping at least twice maybe three times before I get mine as long as the time line is correct.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #13

Towing with 08 Tundra 5.7L double cab/with tow pkg. Not sure on the hitch as the dealer is providing the WDH/sway control as part of the deal. Right now we are shopping for storage. Also I had the dealership install a cable TV jack in the outdoor kitchen for possable future TV mounting as part of the deal.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:18 PM   #14

Just got notified the camper is in. Planning a next weekend pick up. Can't wait for a trial run. The kids are going out of there minds.
Old 04-14-2013, 06:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra93 View Post
Towing with 08 Tundra 5.7L double cab/with tow pkg. Not sure on the hitch as the dealer is providing the WDH/sway control as part of the deal. Right now we are shopping for storage. Also I had the dealership install a cable TV jack in the outdoor kitchen for possable future TV mounting as part of the deal.
Hey congrats on the trailer. We love that floor plan.

I'm not familiar with the Tundra's payload capacity, but there's going to be close to 1200lbs on the tongue of that trailer once it's loaded up. Watch your weights.
2013 Nights Booked: 38
2013 Nights Camped: 40
pwrplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:12 PM   #16

Picked up the 2014 320BHDSLE today. Experience was great. PDI resulted in a couple minor adjustments and finishing set up on the Reese strait line dual cam hitch. The Tundra towed her home with ease. Cruised about 60-65mph at 2k rpm. I don't think there is a person in the neighborhood that was not in our driveway checking it out. Got home about 2pm and am just now coming inside after loading stuff and giving tours. Hope temps come up so we can head out next weekend for a local maiden voyage.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:05 AM   #17
daydreaming about camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra93 View Post
Picked up the 2014 320BHDSLE today. Experience was great. PDI resulted in a couple minor adjustments and finishing set up on the Reese strait line dual cam hitch. The Tundra towed her home with ease. Cruised about 60-65mph at 2k rpm. I don't think there is a person in the neighborhood that was not in our driveway checking it out. Got home about 2pm and am just now coming inside after loading stuff and giving tours. Hope temps come up so we can head out next weekend for a local maiden voyage.
That is great! Glad to here it all went well. :-)

2013 Coachmen Freedom Express 320BHDS pulled by a 2005 F250 King Ranch CC

A rainy day camping is better than a sunny day at work.
jeeplj8 is offline   Reply With Quote