Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2016, 09:19 PM   #1

Last outing in 360IBL and first mechanical issue

We recently went to Tyler State Park for five days with friends and had a fabulous time. Daytime temps in the 70s and lows in the 50s...went hiking, fishing, had great campfires, time with friends and great food. Raccoons were an issue but animal control was out capturing and relocating them so that by the end of our stay, only 2 or 3 would come into the campsite after dusk.

But the start of the trip gave us a bit of concern. As we were loading up at the storage facility, the left front landing leg would not raise up when the right one did (if facing the 5th wheel, the landing leg is on the left. Also could be considered as the "passenger side" if hooked up to the truck). DH couldn't figure out why one worked and one didn't. He opened the front compartment where the battery is. There are two bars that rotate when the landing gear is being moved up or down. He saw that a bolt in the landing gear bar had come out and the bar going over to the left landing leg wasn't making contact. He put in another bolt and the leg worked for the remainder of the trip. (I hope I'm explaining this so that it can be understood). He wants to redo it so that it's more secure but will post pictures when he makes this modification. Ours was one of the first 360s made so maybe there has been a change to this but other 360 owners should look for that issue first if they have landing leg issues on that one side.

Good times, good food, great friends (and one great but crazy friend!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_6701.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	536.8 KB
ID:	100416  
Old 02-25-2016, 09:29 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The landing gear is nothing new regardless of new trailer design. Just sounds like the bolt work it's way loose and fell out. Easy fix.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:50 AM   #3

I agree on the bolt working loose. Use a lock nut on the bolt and that should solve the problem.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:05 AM   #4

Thanks for the responses. We hadn't read any threads with this as a problem so good to know it's just the design and not a bigger issue of some sort.

Still loving the 360IBL. My craftroom is really taking shape and we love having the ability to have so much fun, adventure and yes even the challenges to keep us moving and thinking

Happy Camping!!
Old 02-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #5

The slide on my old 5er worked the same way. The 3rd or 4th time running the slide out, the bolt broke in half and fell out. One side of the slide came in, the other didn't. Someone at the factory over tightened the poor bolt and it just broke.

Easy fix, but a bit of panic at first when you only see half the slide coming in on a brand new trailer.

I had the trailer for 13 years and never had to touch the replacement bolt (or the one on the other end).

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizJedi View Post
The slide on my old 5er worked the same way. The 3rd or 4th time running the slide out, the bolt broke in half and fell out. One side of the slide came in, the other didn't. Someone at the factory over tightened the poor bolt and it just broke.

Easy fix, but a bit of panic at first when you only see half the slide coming in on a brand new trailer.

I had the trailer for 13 years and never had to touch the replacement bolt (or the one on the other end).

j
We just haven't had any mechanical issues before and it was a bit scary for us. Glad to know that it's not a big deal and that others have had same/similar issues that resolved as easily.

How are you liking the 390? Sure is a nice 5er
Old 02-27-2016, 10:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootingranny View Post
How are you liking the 390? Sure is a nice 5er
I really like the 390. We bought it the 2nd week of January. We've already driveway camped twice. We've had some great weekend weather here near St Louis.
I looked at the 360. Liked the kitchen layout a little better, but the bigger bunk room made the 390 right for us. I have a teenage son that likes to bring friends and we have our own friends join us a lot.

j

2016 nights camped: 40
2017 nights camped: 16
2017 nights reserved: 30
VizJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 10:32 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by VizJedi View Post
I looked at the 360. Liked the kitchen layout a little better, but the bigger bunk room made the 390 right for us. I have a teenage son that likes to bring friends and we have our own friends join us a lot.

j
We looked at the 390 and really liked the layout, especially the bunkroom. But since this was our first 5er, we thought the length of the 360 was about all we could handle and the price of the 390 was higher. Since budget was one of our top criteria, we opted for the 360 and really have enjoyed it. Also it's just the two of us. Sometimes the grankids will go with us but they like sleeping in sleeping bags on the couch and in the recliners with the fireplace on (said it makes them feel like they are camping outside). If we'd had a child traveling with us more often, the 390 would have been the perfect answer.

Have seen the 371mrbr online and was amazed at the layout. Got to see one in person at the Dallas RV show yesterday and it is even better than it looks online. We have no need for a 3 bedroom rv but for those with several (or numerous) kids...this would be better than fabulous. The kitchen layout was still very good.

Happy Camping...hope to see pics of your outlines on down the line!