Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2016, 09:42 PM   #1

Liberty Edition Outdoor Kitchen Problem

Just an FYI I learned that there was an issue with my outside sink. I filled the sink and did not realize there was a leak. It appears that the pipes may be cross threaded. You can tell where it looks like they used a wrench to tighten it as the cab has some teeth marks on it. Normal drain not an issue.

Will probably wait until the end of the season to take it in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2142.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	119499  
Old 09-05-2016, 10:00 PM   #2

Yep, agree it looks cross threaded.

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0 3.73 gears
2O12 Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #3
Coachman 312BHDS

I sure hope you have warranty left and a maintenance contract. We have had roughly twenty issues now resolved on our new 2016 312BHDS Freedom Express Liberty Edition including replacing the seals on one entire slide that could have been very costly so far throughout our 2016 season. On the other hand my brother-in-law decided to save as much as humanly possible up front on his nearly new 2015 Keystone fifth wheel. Wow is he sorry now as it awaits repair at a different dealer (it has some plumbing issue with the tanks). There is no way I could have done the seal work they did on my RV and I built and flew a homebuilt airplane.

Our dealer and owners we have now met have pretty much informed us that these days this is pretty normal on new RVs to come from the factory slapped together and not tested. I normally do not purchase service contracts except in unusual circumstances and told the dealer I refused to pay any markup on one. If we had not been previous customers and friends with our salesman I still may not have purchased one. We did not on our first TT we bought there which was smaller and simpler. Anyway, it has turned out to be a smart decision after talking to dozens of folks with two and three year old RVs who also bought them new.

I also had the opportunity to drive across the state to a no-service dealer selling the same exact camper for a little less than we got ours (and there is a lot of markup on them that can be negotiated down). It would have been a foolish move.

Our local dealer gives preference to customers who purchased their units there and they are very good but very busy. So besides the cost one might pay - you might be waiting for a month or more.

I just needed to vent after listening to my brother-in-law last weekend and others woes from overestimating their abilities. :-)

Tags
door