Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #1

Liberty Edition solid surface counter scratching

Noticed after our first trip with the new trailer, the counter looks like it is getting scratched up quickly. Has anyone noticed this or is there a sealer I was supposed to apply ahead of time?
Yellowjacket2525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #2

No issues on my end. I would call either the dealer or Coachmen to see what you can use.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #3

Ours was scratched the day we got it. Didn't think anything of it. They are just light surface scratches but it does appear that the solid surface counter tops do scratch easy. Anyone know what the counter top is made out of? Is it really solid surface (like granite type material) or just a laminated type of hard material?

sledhead77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Contact the mfgr of the " solid surface" material to find out what you really have. It could be E-STONE or a solid surface LIKE product. They can make recommendations about care and cleaning. Some very lite scratches can be removed with a 3-M SCOTCH BRITE PAD. Again check with the MFGR.

Rick
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:19 PM   #5

We have the same light scratches almost like swirl marks that you get on the cars after running them through car washes. I am sure there is some type of sealer/wax or something of such that can be applied. Although I am OCD and like everything to look new as long as possible, I have pretty much given up on keeping anything new the kids and DW have access too.
Ft W crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:21 PM   #6

Not a solid surface for sure, it would add too much weight, it is some type of plastic/fiberglass composite material. Look underneath the edge of the counter and you will see what I am talking about.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #7

Cool Scratched counter top

I also have an issue with scratches on my Liberty Edition counter top. I have a 2013 301BLDS. It appears the materials used are subpar. Mine are so bad that I will be contacting Coachmen and inquiring about a replacement. This should not be an issue on a new trailer. Has anyone contacted Coachmen regarding this issue and how did you make out? I also have other issues with this unit but I'm new to the forum and I'm not sure if I should post them here.
This seems like a great place to get information and share opinions.
Thanks
garygonefyshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Check your literature that came with your coach. If you have literature on the counter top mfg r. with the web addy. Check to to see if they have care, cleaning and maintenance info. Also check any warranty they may have then contact Coachman. Also have you talked to your dealer?

Keep us posted.
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #9

Gary,

There should already be another thread with problems listed, it would be a good idea to see if there are any problems you have had with your trailer already listed and if you have any new ones feel free to post. It is nice for others to have an idea of what to look for before our short one year warranty expires. I know some have had more issues than others. I think this probably has a lot to due with the build date of the actual unit. I would be curious to see if more issues are happening after a certain build date.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:23 PM   #10

Just pulled the trailer out of the storage for going camping this weekend. After really looking at it, I do have minor scratches.
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:16 AM   #11

Thanks for the replies. I will check my manuals and look into care instructions and warrenty. I'll post back when I have some info.

2007 Ford F350 FX4 6.0 Diesel
garygonefyshin is offline   Reply With Quote