Old 02-13-2015, 03:53 PM   #11

I said six but I think they actually told us 6-8 weeks. We're in Mass and have plenty of snow that will be here for awhile so 8 weeks is perfectly fine. Great advice on the inspection and the pump bypass...I'll do that. Will also have second battery. What did yours come with for a battery? How many amp hours? We'll be doing some dry camping so that will be important to us. Also looking at some solar or honda generator.

Old 02-13-2015, 05:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by srderby View Post
I said six but I think they actually told us 6-8 weeks. We're in Mass and have plenty of snow that will be here for awhile so 8 weeks is perfectly fine. Great advice on the inspection and the pump bypass...I'll do that. Will also have second battery. What did yours come with for a battery? How many amp hours? We'll be doing some dry camping so that will be important to us. Also looking at some solar or honda generator.

Not sure if you've read this previously... But the inverter type generators is what you'll be looking for if you're dry camping. Pretty quiet units. The Honda 2000 is the most popular unit, and will run everything except your A/C. For that, you'll need the Honda 3000 at a minimum. Some go with (2) Honda 2000's (one is built to mate with the other) and parallel them so they run together.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 02-13-2015, 06:59 PM   #13

Srderby

I use an interstate RV battery with 550 CCA. If we dry camp that battery would last approx 7 hours running the fridge, water pump and lights conservatively. I switched to LEDS last year in the main light units and still use some regular bulbs for reading. Make sure you disconnect your wiring plug from your truck when dry camping with the truck still hooked to the hitch. If you do not it will drain that battery as well., I found that out the hard way.

These units are good for 1 night of gray tank waste. 2 kids and 2 adults with showers. The most I was able to go was almost 2 on gray tank and approx 5 days on black tank.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #14

Same boat as JohnClark. $42k for the 2015 320bhds and paid $30k out the door with the entertainment package.
Old 02-26-2015, 03:05 PM   #15

Thanks for the info. Now all we need here in New England is an end to this snow. Soon enough.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:21 PM   #16

Haha. More coming and I'm sick of it fyi not sure where you are buying it but if going thru campers inn in Merrimack make sure it is perfect before you leave. They've pretty much destroyed my 2014 320bhds replacing the floor that was torn by bad molding strips. Good luck and happy camping
Old 02-27-2015, 12:01 AM   #17

When you are finished with the walk through (PDI) and getting it hitched to your truck, make sure the dealer shows you how to get the hitch on and OFF. Hubbie spent almost two hours working to get the new hitch off the TT at the storage facility.

Ford 150 Eco Boost
2016 Coachmen Catalina 243 Banner Edition
Old 04-02-2015, 07:34 PM   #18

Trailer is at dealer now. Pick up next Saturday. Will be a long week!