Old 12-15-2016, 01:20 PM   #1

Looking to move up to a tt

Looking at the apex 245bh, anyone know any thing about these units?

Electricscooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 07:49 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electricscooter View Post
Looking at the apex 245bh, anyone know any thing about these units?
Not that particular unit but I do have a 2016 300bhs apex and have had great luck with it our first season with it.

phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:13 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillips View Post
Not that particular unit but I do have a 2016 300bhs apex and have had great luck with it our first season with it.
. Thanks for the response also looking at keystone passport have seen a lot of negative things about them
Old 12-18-2016, 04:27 PM   #4

Looked at Jayco??
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
Looked at Jayco??
Yes we did. Really liked the slide on the apex and passport seemed more roomy. Plus have to watch the weight
Old 12-19-2016, 08:09 PM   #6

Quote:
Yes we did. Really liked the slide on the apex and passport seemed more roomy. Plus have to watch the weight
We had a Jayco hybrid but wanted to move up to a TT with a true walk-around bed. We looked at the floorplans from them, but like you, we had to watch the weight because a new TV wasn't in the plans. So we looked at Coachmen and liked the floor plan of the Apex 269rbks plus the weight is around 5800 lbs. and ended up bringing it home last week!

Good Luck in your search!
glsimms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:09 AM   #7

I'm a Apex 250RLS owner and my frist season was Great. No issues from my travels 5 trips out so far. Mine seems to be well built but still learning the ropes since I'm new to the camping life style & Loving it just wished me and DW had done it sooner
tapex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:19 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
We had a Jayco hybrid but wanted to move up to a TT with a true walk-around bed. We looked at the floorplans from them, but like you, we had to watch the weight because a new TV wasn't in the plans. So we looked at Coachmen and liked the floor plan of the Apex 269rbks plus the weight is around 5800 lbs. and ended up bringing it home last week!

Good Luck in your search!
Thanks that's what we're looking walk around bed and larger bunks. This is harder than I thought.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:43 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapex View Post
I'm a Apex 250RLS owner and my frist season was Great. No issues from my travels 5 trips out so far. Mine seems to be well built but still learning the ropes since I'm new to the camping life style & Loving it just wished me and DW had done it sooner
I used to tent camp with the kids but the DW wouldn't go. So we bought a pop up a few years ago and she really liked it. No w her knee is giving her a lot of problems so she hasn't been able to climb into the bunk. Hoping to get something we can all fit into, and she doesn't have to do any climbing
Old 12-20-2016, 01:45 PM   #10

rvtrader.com was my resource to search
Old 12-20-2016, 01:49 PM   #11

May help you find what you're looking for
Old 12-20-2016, 03:30 PM   #12

I'll have to check that site
Old 12-21-2016, 07:23 AM   #13
Canadian Member

I don't know what you have for a tow vehicle or what you'd be comfortable towing but if you're looking for a bunkhouse floor plan have you considered the Rockwood 2702WS?

Rockwood Ultra Lite Travel Trailers / Fifth Wheels by Forest River RV
2010 Rockwood Roo 23SS (2012 - 2014)

itat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 07:47 AM   #14

Quote:
. Thanks for the response also looking at keystone passport have seen a lot of negative things about them

We had a Keystone Passport Hybrid, it was a great unit. It never had a warranty repair. You can find negative posts about them in forums and other websites but you can also find just as many about other brands and models including Forest River brands.

That being said, getting in touch with somebody from service or customer support at Forest River can be tough at times (my experience is with Rockwood), getting anything out of or in contact with Keystone is worse. The only issue I had with the Passport was the dinette table warped. Not a big deal as the one in our 2017 Roo has also already. Press board is not a good substrate for laminate, but that's another story.

With Keystone once I did make contact which took weeks if not over a month, I would of had to go to a dealer and go through the entire warranty process to have the table top replaced with one that would more than likely warp also. No way would they agree to send me a replacement directly despite pleading with them. I think Forest River, well Rockwood at least, would of shipped a replacement directly to me. They didso with a microwave and reimbursed me for a fridge heating element. Keystone won't.

That being said, next time I go shopping Keystone will still be on the list.

Mr Havercamp is offline   Reply With Quote