Old 04-15-2014, 03:42 PM   #1

Maiden Voyage

We took our new 243RBS on our first trip this past weekend. Had all the girls, husbands, and grandkids along as well. We went to KOA Prizer Point CG on Lake Barkley in Western Kentucky. It was a wonderful trip with no major surprises or gotchas at the CG.

Grandkids that fished all caught fish, though none were "skillet ready"! It did rain on Friday night for a bit, but that didn't hurt anything.

I did run 8 people through the shower on Thursday night one right after the other and did not run out of hot water. I did throw the gas switch to help heat water faster. I went outside to check and with the gas on it sounded like a jet about to take off.

Saturday was 80 and sunny and except for the wind a near perfect day. Didn't put the awning out much because of the 20mph gusts.

I also had my Rockwood PUP there as well to handle the overflow. My oldest daughter quipped she was being pushed to economy class. I reminded her that the PUP was sure better than the tent we had used the past 7 years for overflow. At least it has air and heat!

Had a tail wind for half the trip home which greatly improved fuel economy on the return. The return had one glitch.

I had forgotten to out the antenna down. I was about to go under an overpass in Princeton that was 12.1' - then I remembered the antenna. Too late and nowhere to stop or go so under I went. I pulled over, and it was still standing, but bent. I put it down and will check it later. It looked like the damage was only to the wings. The shaft still looked straight from the ground.

Live and learn I reckon.

mlangdn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #2

OUCH! Sorry about that.

Our fix for the antenna issue (it gets us all Mlangden!) is to put a piece of brightly yarn or something on the crank handle during your camp.

We took it to the next level when I brought one of these home a few years ago (I work with some Aviators )
Attached Images

Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #3
NELA

We almost did that a couple months ago...fortunately we were at a CG we go to often and a couple we see there often was walking by as we were about to pull out; pssstt...your antenna's still up!

I was glad to get the chance to pay-it-forward weekend before last; our CG neighbors were about to pull out...yep...antenna was up! Flagged 'em down and told 'em.

It happens to all of us sooner or later I think. I'm thinking of having a small vinyl (peel off type) sign made to put on the entry door window: Wings DOWN! In RED!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:11 PM   #4

Oh, how I wish was as lucky as you Weezer. I left mine up at the Coachmen Rally. Luckily everyone was about gone when I pulled such a blunder.

Unluckily, a tree limb ripped the head right off. Now we have several reminders posted around the trailer.
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 10:32 PM   #5
NELA

I've found a lady on eBay who makes *awesome* custom decals. I'm going to get her to make a couple or three of the ones I described above.

I originally had one made for our bedroom (in Cherokee) then started conversing with her about RV specific wall vinyl quotes. I gave her a few examples last evening and WOW! She's already made them up and has them listed.

If anyone is interested:
creativesignsndesigns

The "A rainy weekend in the RV is better than a month of sunshine at work" is one I suggested. As is "What happens at the campground STAYS at the campground".

I imagine the small decals I want for various reminders will be a snap for her. There is SO much to remember in RVing, and the less I have to "remember" and can get "reminded of" by small decals, the better I'll be!

(nope, never met the lady, and have no monetary interest/investment...just know she does awesome and quick work!)

Yes, we were lucky. Lucky to have made friends with that couple, and lucky that they were there in our favorite CG on our first trip out in the 5er.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:38 PM   #6

We went to the LBL on Sunday, you should be happy it was a tailwind. I had the headwind for 7 hours. 1 extra tank of gas and 1 1/2 hours longer than it took us to get back home.