Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-30-2016, 08:53 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootingranny View Post
We met a Coachmen rep at an RV show. Not a salesman, a Coachmen rep (after we bought ours). He said people were taking out the bunks to make offices, cat rooms, one even had some extra plumbing put in and made it a laundry room. Even heard of one ordering his from the factory without the bunks at all. We never discussed warranty but the desk and contents we have in the slide weigh less than the bunks and drawers. He seemed very interested in the mod we made by putting a small beverage refrigerator where the stools are normally stored.
Scootingranny.In regards to the fridge you put where the stools used to be. I did the same with a whirlpool bar fridge. Its the perfect size to fit, however I have to slide it out of the way before putting the slides in. I looked all around for different types of fridges but cannot find any that could sit there with the slides in. How are you handling your fridge. Do you move it ever time you pack up also or do you have a different size of fridge. Thanks a bunch.
Old 05-06-2016, 09:14 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sau4u View Post
Scootingranny.In regards to the fridge you put where the stools used to be. I did the same with a whirlpool bar fridge. Its the perfect size to fit, however I have to slide it out of the way before putting the slides in. I looked all around for different types of fridges but cannot find any that could sit there with the slides in. How are you handling your fridge. Do you move it ever time you pack up also or do you have a different size of fridge. Thanks a bunch.
When the slides are in, we do need to turn it with the door facing the leg of the island because it's about an inch wider than the kickplate around the island (when the door is facing the couch or facing the kitchen slide). Even when full, it slides easily around and it's simple to do. When packed for travel, I put a strap around the island and around the fridge. Do not put it around the leg of the island because there is a small gap between the fridge and the leg. Also DH just installed an outlet on the inside of the island so that the electrical cord doesn't drape around to the plug in on the backside of the island. We keep the fridge with the door facing the couch just because that works best for us. It could easily turn to other side facing the slide. We keep two tv trays in the spot between the fridge and the leg.

We also added a wire rack from WalMart to the end of the island that faces the sink. There's still plenty of room for us to navigate around it (and we are not tiny people by any means). When traveling I turn it sideways, put the dog items that are on the bottom rack under the table, put the convection toaster on the bottom rack, cover with a blanket and everything has traveled well so far and we've been down some bumpy roads! DH also put an outlet on that side of the island so there are no draping cords from that side.

We plan to use the back of the island to hang pictures on since wall space is somewhat limited. Have seen several pictures on a FB group of people who did this and I just loved the idea.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_7427.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	107022   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_7428.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	332.0 KB
ID:	107023   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_7431.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	315.1 KB
ID:	107024   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_7432.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	403.7 KB
ID:	107025  
Old 05-06-2016, 09:17 AM   #43

And the red splotch on the back of the island is just a shade/sun spot from the sun coming through the shades
Old 05-06-2016, 09:59 AM   #44

This is the fridge we got from Sam's. Not sure it's still available. I saved the box and use it to put in the front of the hutch in my scrapbook room when we are in transit. Keeps stuff from falling off the shelves
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	SAM_7442.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	297.7 KB
ID:	107030  
Old 05-06-2016, 11:27 AM   #45

Wow the Support post on your 2015 is soo much larger than the one on the 2016.

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCobra View Post
Wow the Support post on your 2015 is soo much larger than the one on the 2016.
I wasn't sure exactly what you meant so I looked on line and found this picture.
It looks like it's about the same width as the trim around the island where the stools are? Measured the post on ours and it's a square 4.25 inches on each side.

Sure like the looks of yours better!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fullscreen capture 562016 122647 PM.bmp.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	107051  
Old 05-06-2016, 01:43 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootingranny View Post
I wasn't sure exactly what you meant so I looked on line and found this picture.
It looks like it's about the same width as the trim around the island where the stools are? Measured the post on ours and it's a square 4.25 inches on each side.

Sure like the looks of yours better!
Yours in 4.25" square, mine is 4.25x3/4"

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
modifications