Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-20-2014, 06:23 AM   #1

Mold smell

Any one have a real strong mold smell after taking a shower and turning on fan? The smell is strong in the back of the trailer (kitchen). Trailer is a new left over 2013 chaparral 268rks 5th wheel.
jerry226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #2

In front of the water heater there was a large hole cut in floor to run vent pipe and pipe to grey water tank. also another large hole that was cut in the wrong place for the vent pipe. When I turn on the fantastic fan in the bathroom it draws air out of the area underneath the trailer and you smell the mold smell. A can of foam will stop the smell problem by closing off the 2 large openings. But I told the dealer I would like to find out where the mold smell is coming from under the trailer. When I find out I will post. Sometimes the manufacturer uses moldy wood in the subfloor and that might be ok if the floors are sealed properly and the smell cant get into trailer. The trailers are assembled by people and some do good work and others don't. Quality control is a big problem with most manufactures.
jerry226 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mold