Old 03-31-2019, 05:23 PM   #1

Question Nano 189RBS TV mount

Another TV mount question...

We are new owners of an 18 Apex Nano 189RBS. Its a great little trailer and we'd like to mount a small flat screen TV on a swing out mount. Our unit didn't come with a "mount TV here" sticker so I've been trying to figure out if a wall mounted TV is even possible. I'll obviously have to mount the TV to an exterior wall since that's about all I have. There's a cable TV outlet and 110v plug mounted in the upper kitchen cabinet on the right side of the trailer (looking forward). I used a good quality stud finder and the percussive method and it seems that there's "something" substantial in the exterior wall forward of the cabinet.

I understand that the Nano uses aluminum studs and foam board construction so my thought is that I should use sheet metal rather than wood screws to hang the mount. I'm thinking about using the lightest self locking mount that I can find and a small TV in the 21-24" class.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this idea? I emailed the factory late last week but haven't heard back from them yet and don't know if I will.

Thanks
Dave

ltdavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 07:14 PM   #2

When we bought our TT few months ago (still in storage/winterized and we pick up on Tuesday) we bought a TV and mount and had the dealer install it. Of course, there will be a charge but that's ok, rather pay them to do it then us to try and do it ourselves.

TT: Purchased @2/1/19 Wildwood X Lite 230BHXL
Irobutterfly59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 09:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdavel View Post
Another TV mount question...

We are new owners of an 18 Apex Nano 189RBS. Its a great little trailer and we'd like to mount a small flat screen TV on a swing out mount. Our unit didn't come with a "mount TV here" sticker so I've been trying to figure out if a wall mounted TV is even possible. I'll obviously have to mount the TV to an exterior wall since that's about all I have. There's a cable TV outlet and 110v plug mounted in the upper kitchen cabinet on the right side of the trailer (looking forward). I used a good quality stud finder and the percussive method and it seems that there's "something" substantial in the exterior wall forward of the cabinet.

I understand that the Nano uses aluminum studs and foam board construction so my thought is that I should use sheet metal rather than wood screws to hang the mount. I'm thinking about using the lightest self locking mount that I can find and a small TV in the 21-24" class.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this idea? I emailed the factory late last week but haven't heard back from them yet and don't know if I will.

Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave

Check out my post this evening that is titled Apex Nano 203rbk TV mount. It's an email and drawings for my TT that explains what is there and what to use. Have a look at the drawings. Our TT's are different but similar layouts.
Also I am putting a link here, not sure if it will work, but it's to Coachmen's virtual 3D look inside your trailer and if you look on the wall by where your plugs are you will see the TV backer sticker

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=jBLQLdX4icy
JGriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 09:52 AM   #4

Thumbs up TV Mount

Thanks for the help. I've been meaning to post an update. Its a rainy Saturday morning and I've got some time to catch up on my computer stuff. Ben Kruip from Coachman sent me an assembly drawing for the right side wall showing the TV mount location. The drawing said "not to scale" but it was close enough to work. As I thought the mount was forward of the cabinet above the stove. He suggested that I use pan head sheet metal screws no longer than 1" for the bracket. I used a Mounting Dream Brand model MD2209 bracket from Amazon which seems to work pretty well.

Dave
ltdavel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mount, tv mount