Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2012, 01:20 PM   #1

New 26bh

Decided to get into the TT fad and try out buying one. Every yr we rent cabins which cost 2000-2500 a week ( in the Bc okannagan ) so we decided to buy a TT which we would feel it will pay get itself and maybe get in a couple extra camping trips a yr. so couple months ago we bought a 08 surveyor sv210 which was a decent Lil unit ( the dealership was an absolute nightmare to deal with. Told us everything we wanted to hear for the sale then completely changed direction when they tried charging us for items that were supposed to be dealt with as part of the sale. Then spent two weeks in the surveyor to realize that 2 adults and 3 kids needed much more space. So on the way home from camping we stopped at a rv center just for s#!ts and giggles and was pointed at the 26bh. The dealer ( chemoRV in 150 mile house ) great guys to deal with gave us what we paid for on trade and sold us a 2011 Demo'd unit for $8000 less than sticker price. Took it camping this weekend and were quite happy with it so far. Had one issue with the water tank siphon wanting to drain our tank while filling. But that is supposed to be taken care of by the dealership on our way home. While deciding I looked at quite a few apples to apples different units and found this one the one that I think is the best unit for weight, interior design, and features. We would have like to have a slide but hey cant have everything! ( well i guess a person can if they can afford it) We're happy with the unit so far and hope this unit continues to keep us happy
cyberdude47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Good to hear your happy!

Have fun in your travels and have a great fall camping experience.
Fall camping is of my most favorite time !
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Site Team

Glad to hear you are happy with the new unit. Doing business with a dealer that you respect is good too.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #4

The water siphoning issue is common. If you over fill the water tank the water goes through the overflow and then siphon action continues to pull it out. Having a "spotter" watching the tank tell the person on the spigot when to stop helps.
2Susan is offline   Reply With Quote