Old 10-03-2013, 10:12 PM   #11
Incheon, S. Korea

Regards of price, major defects shouldn't leave the factory.
The roof weatherstripping on my new Coachmen pop-up didn't even make contact with the box on the front and rear of the trailer! Coachmen did everything they could to help me because I live overseas (after some serious coaxing) but it shouldn't happen in the first place!
I just wish that they would do what Ford did and publicly announce that quality is job #1. That, combined with their price points and fantastic customer service would be unbeatable.

BigBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 10:22 PM   #12

I agree that units with serious problems should never happen. I see a lot of people picking apart their units with fitment and finish issues and like I stated earlier if you expected a Maserati then pay the money and get one but if your buying a unit on a honda civic budget then that's what your going to end up with. Major problems aren't rare and these manufactures quality control should be a lot more than what it is but increased labour for that also drives the price up. So it reflects my statement made earlier

Old 10-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #13

I refuse to accept substandard craftsmanship and make excuses for these type of problems. I am paying good hard earned money,just like everybody else is for there RV'S. I have no problem accepting minor defects, consisting if cosmetic appearances,however I have a real problem with issues that place me and my family in danger. My brake problem is unacceptable. People could die from overheated brake components,which lead to total failure. This is what is wrong with this country as a hole. We just keep accepting our problems and excuses and never address the real issues at hand. Whatever happened to taking pride in your workmanship and your company product. Wake up everyone before it gets worse.

My last trailer was 10 grand less and I had no problems, for 4 years we enjoyed that trailer and made great memories. The only work performed on the unit was new tires.
I have not spent one night in this new trailer yet and as of now all the memories have been disappointment,so excuse me if I sound a little upset. I'm sure all my issues will be taken care of by the dealership,but at the expense of my dermination and requests. I have had several conversations with the dealership and they have been great. They have ordered several parts and should be on the way. I Hope all who read this tread learn from my experience and check everything in great detail.
Old 10-04-2013, 07:26 AM   #14

"Highest Quality Products Around"

Experience the Joy of Mother Nature

At Forest River, Inc., it's our mission to help all of our customers enjoy their outdoor activities to the fullest. That's why we have created some of the most well known brands across multiple divisions. From Berkshire Pontoons to Rockport Commercial Vehicles and everything in between, at Forest River you are sure to find some of the highest quality products around. Take a look around!

This statement can be found on the first screen when visiting the Forest River website.
I agree with you "snapper",I'm tired of the excuses.
Perhaps Forest River will wake up one day and realize that the cost of upsetting customers who spend their hard earned money and are being aggarvated during their well deserved vacations due to substandard workmanship and materials coming from their assembly lines needs to STOP!
Or maby they will see that the money they are spending on replacement parts and dealership labor costs to repair issues that in most cases should not be happening in the first place is affecting their bottom line.
Whatever it takes Forest River, you need to step up your game ( I know someone in your company is reading this.)

Unhappy Camper
Old 10-04-2013, 09:26 PM   #15

Thanks for your response. I want to make it clear that I,purchased this unit because I researched approx 8 other brands and models. I believe that the unit I bought has very Good components and the finish and appearance is one of the nicest trailers I looked at, that's why I purchased it. My ISsues are about the failure to pay attention to details and function. Companies have to relies that this will effect customer loyalty and possible sales loss. I cant tell you how many people and friends were impressed with my trailers looks And layout function. Then I told them about the issues I have experienced. They could be future customers?. Or they could just move to the next brand....

I AM THANKFUL that Colerain RV where I purchased my trailer have been excellent in dealing with the situation and I have all the faith they will fix the problems. One positive thing has happened from all this, I have made met some remarkable people at Colerain RV in Columbus Ohio. THAT MEANS MORE TO ME THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #16
Incheon, S. Korea

So you're saying that Coalrain RV has been a great dealer? Fantastic. Did you put up a dealer recommendation for them? Anyone in particular to talk to, or is everyone there great?
Old 10-05-2013, 11:48 AM   #17

I took delivery of the trailer 2 weeks ago. So I only had contact with the finance manever Theresa and the service manager Seth. Very professional and so far the warranty process is in the process. Once all the parts are in the repair process will begin. They call me several times during the week to keep me notified on the progre ss. They have to submit claims and then Cochran sends the parts. Its a waiting game, which I understand.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:06 PM   #18

Well here we are arm's at the end of November and I have had all my issues fixed by coachman on my new liberty express, however two different dealerships attempted to correct the problem with the pulsating brakes. They work well for the first 50 miles and then start to pulsate. Both places inspected the brakes can found grease all over the brakes. I now have to take it back for the third attempt. ITS GETING OLD.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #19
Incheon, S. Korea

Sorry to hear that is still happening.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:20 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by snapper View Post
Thanks for your response. I want to make it clear that I,purchased this unit because I researched approx 8 other brands and models. I believe that the unit I bought has very Good components and the finish and appearance is one of the nicest trailers I looked at, that's why I purchased it. My ISsues are about the failure to pay attention to details and function. Companies have to relies that this will effect customer loyalty and possible sales loss. I cant tell you how many people and friends were impressed with my trailers looks And layout function. Then I told them about the issues I have experienced. They could be future customers?. Or they could just move to the next brand....

I AM THANKFUL that Colerain RV where I purchased my trailer have been excellent in dealing with the situation and I have all the faith they will fix the problems. One positive thing has happened from all this, I have made met some remarkable people at Colerain RV in Columbus Ohio. THAT MEANS MORE TO ME THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
Could not have been stated any better than that . I too got mine (2013 Freedom Express 192 RBS in Oct.) from Colerain RV Dayton OH nice folks , just took 30 Day to get Tittle . Lots of overlooked or not looked at finish quality issues but I took care of them myself . My valve stems were severily cracked when held to the side Forest River is reimbursing me for them so beware .