Old 03-08-2015, 08:05 PM   #11

Picked up the new trailer yesterday. It towed great although it was a little twitchy on the freeway. It was a windy and the trailer was empty so I'll adjust the WDH after I get some weight in it. I have it all tucked into storage until April when I take a quick shake-down trip to Washington.

Walk-thru went well and the guy was very patient with all my questions. I've never had a slide out before so we spent quite a bit of time on that. I made him put it in and out about 10 times to make sure it worked. We ran every system and I found no leaks under the sinks or from under the trailer. I made sure there was a/c coming from all the ceiling vents and heat coming out of all the ducts. Actually, I think this is the best walk-thru I've ever had! He told me that he cleaned out all the faucets because there is always leftover stuff in the water lines at the factory so he likes to do that for delivery.

I only found two things (decal scratched and starting to peel and a broken fridge latch) He immediately took pictures of them and said they would take care of it.

I went over today and put all my stuff away (I had emptied my trade before I left yesterday). I can't believe how much storage there is!!! I think there were 6 or 7 cabinets I didn't even open!

I'm very happy with my choice and will give a report after my trip to Washington.

Laura

Old 03-08-2015, 11:13 PM   #12

Congrats, Laura! That's got to be a great feeling. Gonna be hard to wait out the time until April i bet.

The Bunkhouse! 2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Ford F-150 EB
Let's Ride
!
Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:14 PM   #13

Cougarfan What motor do you have in your z? Have you or did you go up any hills .Thanks Gary
Old 03-10-2015, 08:53 PM   #14

Hi Gary,
I have the 5.3L with 3.42 gears. I went up one short 5% grade on the freeway on my way home. I was able to maintain 55mph at about 3200rpms. The trailer was empty so I'm pretty sure it won't be that way when I'm loaded for camping.

Out here in the west we're not required to maintain a minimum speed on the freeway in the mountains so if I have to shift down to get up the grade I can stay in the right lane or just get in line with the trucks on the shoulder. We have some pretty impressive grades here (I know our mountains are considered "cute" to the folks in Colorado) but I have no reservations about the truck's capabilities with this trailer.

Hope this was helpful.

Laura
Old 03-25-2015, 08:39 AM   #15

I bought my 24RKS late 2012 but a 2013 model. I have logged over 10k miles with it. I have a Ram 1500 to pull it. I take my family everywhere too. Tons of room and as a single women I have had no real issues. I love mine. Enjoy!

Tags
freedom express