Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2014, 03:32 PM   #1

New Owner of 360IBL

Recently purchased a 360IBL and absolutely love it. Camped in it for about 4 night now and have found no issues at all. Very few minor things found during the walk thru. Impressed so far with the quality of the unit...hope it stays that way.

We originally had a small hybrid Roo 183 then went to an Outback Sydney 310BHS. Just traded that in on this and couldn't be happier.

looking forward to hanging around here more now.
bama29fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #2

Had a good test for leaks yesterday.

Early yesterday we had about 3.5 inches of rain in about two hours time (a lot of hard driving rain). Went in to the 5th wheel and felt everywhere...all corners, cabinets, slides, carpet...everything I could touch (including the basement areas) and nothing was wet.

Still feeling very satisfied.

Only two issues so far.

1) the shipping screw was not removed from the back of the DVD player. Easy fix
2) the scare light bulb has already burned out. I have replaced it..again easy fix. I think I left it on all night.
Old 08-12-2014, 11:17 AM   #3

Glad you are enjoying your new rig. The layout looks excellent.
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #4

It fit nearly all of our wants/needs.

Only thing I wanted but didn't get with this layout was an outside kitchen.

But I really only wanted it for the outside fridge....not that big a deal all things considered. We have a portable ice maker and it helps keep ice purchase cost low so keeping a cooler outside still works.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #5
Camper Less Camping

Post some pics when you can...might give some folks the bug to buy one !

Sent via Cajun Po-Boy's Tech Gear

Old 08-12-2014, 03:34 PM   #6

these are all I have on my phone right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140726_134110764.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	415.6 KB
ID:	60353   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140726_141327667.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	354.8 KB
ID:	60354   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140712_113349668.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	60355   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140712_113551711_HDR.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	60356  
Old 08-12-2014, 03:46 PM   #7
Camper Less Camping

^^^^Good looking rig...enjoy

Sent via Cajun Po-Boy's Tech Gear

Old 08-18-2014, 06:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama29fan View Post
Recently purchased a 360IBL and absolutely love it. Camped in it for about 4 night now and have found no issues at all. Very few minor things found during the walk thru. Impressed so far with the quality of the unit...hope it stays that way.

We originally had a small hybrid Roo 183 then went to an Outback Sydney 310BHS. Just traded that in on this and couldn't be happier.

looking forward to hanging around here more now.
Had to join after seeing your post. I just placed an order for a 360IBL on Friday.. Our next camping trip is Columbus Day weekend so looking forward to getting it. I'm coming from a 21 Foot trailer where the beds fold out like tents lol..

Going to be quite the step up. From the pics, it looks like you have a short bed but it might just be the angle. How does it pull and what hitch are you using?

I've been doing A LOT of reading on hitches and still very confused. I have a 2015 F350 6.7 to pull it so that won't be a problem but it is a short bed.

Thinking of super glide but very heavy.. Then was thinking the Companion OEM but that isn't a slider.. then was thinking the Companion slider but that won't use the factory prep package.. then was thinking a Reese with the sidewinder but don't want to replace the king pin lol. Oh the decisions!!!

Did you get the 4 point leveling system? I ordered that option as well as the dual pane windows.. seems every 360IBL is being ordered without those that I've seen.

Sorry for all the questions.. you are the first one I've seen to buy one that has posted on a forum so needed to pick your brain.

Congrats on the camper!!
blwnsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:27 AM   #9

I'm really digging the recliner/couch! And the black molding on the newer rigs looks really nice..
codytaylor1624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 01:19 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwnsmoke View Post
Had to join after seeing your post. I just placed an order for a 360IBL on Friday.. Our next camping trip is Columbus Day weekend so looking forward to getting it. I'm coming from a 21 Foot trailer where the beds fold out like tents lol..

Going to be quite the step up. From the pics, it looks like you have a short bed but it might just be the angle. How does it pull and what hitch are you using?

I've been doing A LOT of reading on hitches and still very confused. I have a 2015 F350 6.7 to pull it so that won't be a problem but it is a short bed.

Thinking of super glide but very heavy.. Then was thinking the Companion OEM but that isn't a slider.. then was thinking the Companion slider but that won't use the factory prep package.. then was thinking a Reese with the sidewinder but don't want to replace the king pin lol. Oh the decisions!!!

Did you get the 4 point leveling system? I ordered that option as well as the dual pane windows.. seems every 360IBL is being ordered without those that I've seen.

Sorry for all the questions.. you are the first one I've seen to buy one that has posted on a forum so needed to pick your brain.

Congrats on the camper!!
We used to have the same kind of trailer (Hybrid) with the pop-out beds. still kinda miss it...felt more like camping...what we do now is glamour-camping or glamping!!!

I do have the short bed...its a 2012 F-250 so it squats it a bit in the back but not as bad as I was expecting. I don't have air bags or anything...may add them later on but I think I would add a sway bar before bags if I had to chose one over the other. Yours will have a stiffer rear (F-350) and a little more horsepower (2015 = 40 more) so you should be good to go. Mine pulls it fine...I know its back there from a stop but it will cruise up most interstate hills at 65-70mph with out shifting out of 6th gear. I'm getting around 11.5mpg so far. Farthest I have pulled it so far is 70 miles oneway.

The dealer said that with the front cap design I wouldn't need a slider even with the short bed. I had already found a good deal on a used superglide so that's what I went with. With the superglide I have had it at near 90 degrees to the truck but I haven't got out to really look at clearances with it in that position.

I did not get the leveling...but it was on my wish list. I figured we have been camping this long without it (started camping with my parents over 30 years ago) so it wasn't a must have. Plus they say the average Rv'er keeps their camper for about 4 years. Maybe we will get the system then? We are also impulsive buyers so when we found one on a nearby lot we jumped on it. It has power jacks in the back and two AC's. I had them add the JT strong arms and a TV in the front bedroom and we picked it up the next weekend.

One thing to check on the PDI is the living room TV mount. it has a swivel mount but it only has one pivot point which swings the TV to the left (toward the rear couch). I had them swap the mount out for a dual (triple?) pivot so it will swing toward the kitchen and then pivot toward the couch. this makes for a better viewing angle from the couch.

We really love ours...jonesing to go again. Kids sports (soccer and baseball) have put a damper on the camping.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by codytaylor1624 View Post
I'm really digging the recliner/couch! And the black molding on the newer rigs looks really nice..
it is very comfortable. lays back for naps, in a good position to the tv, wider than the recliners they put in most campers. has cup holders and a small storage area for remotes and such.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:25 PM   #12

That is definately the camper I want to have. What weights are the bunk beds rated to hold. Can it hold 2 adults on each bed?
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 02:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
That is definately the camper I want to have. What weights are the bunk beds rated to hold. Can it hold 2 adults on each bed?
they are a little smaller than a double bed. so I would have to say one adult unless they like to snuggle. we can (and have) put two teenage kids in each.

top is rated for 250lbs and bottom for 300lbs.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bama29fan View Post
We used to have the same kind of trailer (Hybrid) with the pop-out beds. still kinda miss it...felt more like camping...what we do now is glamour-camping or glamping!!!

I do have the short bed...its a 2012 F-250 so it squats it a bit in the back but not as bad as I was expecting. I don't have air bags or anything...may add them later on but I think I would add a sway bar before bags if I had to chose one over the other. Yours will have a stiffer rear (F-350) and a little more horsepower (2015 = 40 more) so you should be good to go. Mine pulls it fine...I know its back there from a stop but it will cruise up most interstate hills at 65-70mph with out shifting out of 6th gear. I'm getting around 11.5mpg so far. Farthest I have pulled it so far is 70 miles oneway.

The dealer said that with the front cap design I wouldn't need a slider even with the short bed. I had already found a good deal on a used superglide so that's what I went with. With the superglide I have had it at near 90 degrees to the truck but I haven't got out to really look at clearances with it in that position.

I did not get the leveling...but it was on my wish list. I figured we have been camping this long without it (started camping with my parents over 30 years ago) so it wasn't a must have. Plus they say the average Rv'er keeps their camper for about 4 years. Maybe we will get the system then? We are also impulsive buyers so when we found one on a nearby lot we jumped on it. It has power jacks in the back and two AC's. I had them add the JT strong arms and a TV in the front bedroom and we picked it up the next weekend.

One thing to check on the PDI is the living room TV mount. it has a swivel mount but it only has one pivot point which swings the TV to the left (toward the rear couch). I had them swap the mount out for a dual (triple?) pivot so it will swing toward the kitchen and then pivot toward the couch. this makes for a better viewing angle from the couch.

We really love ours...jonesing to go again. Kids sports (soccer and baseball) have put a damper on the camping.
I appreciate all the feedback so Thank you!! There were a couple of them within a few hours from me (I'm in New Hampshire) but we figured if we are going to spend this kind of money, I rather wait the 6 weeks or so for an ordered unit. I actually bought from a wholesaler out in Michigan and they are delivering it to my driveway for me.. they are only 100 miles from the factory. They do a 150 point inspection for me BUT my gut tells me I'll still find something I don't like and will need to bring it in locally.

I have a camping world near me and know a few of the techs there so they are going to get me a super glide at their cost. Even they say they do not think I'll need one.. But I rather be safer then sorry. Plus I plow in the winter so I'll be keeping the hitch in the bed the whole year round.. the extra weight will help out in the snow.

With the hybrid, everything was manual.. manual jack, manual stabilizer bars.. after many years of doing that, I said I want it automated lol. Plus to be able to push the button and have it raise/lower to the correct height to hookup is a major plus.

One thing I didn't get was the TVs.. At almost $1,000 for the 2 TVs, I can buy mounts and name brand TVs for half the cost. Those are the only 2 options I didn't get. I also ordered it with only 1 AC. I have a comfort fan in the bedroom and the ceiling fan. Between those, the camper should stay plenty cool. Many sites I go to are 30 amp and the couples we camp with all have 30 amp so I don't want to have issues with overload (I did get the 50 amp prep package though for the future).

I'm having them add a 2nd battery in with a dual battery tray for extra capacity just incase.. it's worth the $125 in my opinion.

Again, thanks for the reply!!
Old 08-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugged Brown View Post
Just for comparison, the beds are 48" wide.. a full side mattress is 52" wide so it is only 4" difference. Yes it will be a little tight but it can be done for those who want to take someone camping for the weekend. I would not buy this for adults to be in their for every trip.

One camper that we were set on getting is the Sandpiper 371REBH. It is a similar camper but the bunk bedroom is 3 feet wider and instead of bunks, it is a pull out couch on the bottom with a bunk bed above. We decided against it because it is 43 feet long and were concerned about maneuvering a 43ft 5th wheel through side roads, camp sites and through towns/cities.

Here is a link to one.. ignore the 40 foot length, they are wrong, it is 43 feet.. it's not even on the manufacturer's website yet, brand new for 2015.

371REBH Sandpiper Rear Entertainment Bunkhouse Quad Slide Fifth Wheel Like 365 | eBay
Old 09-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #16

Quote:
I appreciate all the feedback so Thank you!! There were a couple of them within a few hours from me (I'm in New Hampshire) but we figured if we are going to spend this kind of money, I rather wait the 6 weeks or so for an ordered unit. I actually bought from a wholesaler out in Michigan and they are delivering it to my driveway for me.. they are only 100 miles from the factory. They do a 150 point inspection for me BUT my gut tells me I'll still find something I don't like and will need to bring it in locally.

I have a camping world near me and know a few of the techs there so they are going to get me a super glide at their cost. Even they say they do not think I'll need one.. But I rather be safer then sorry. Plus I plow in the winter so I'll be keeping the hitch in the bed the whole year round.. the extra weight will help out in the snow.

With the hybrid, everything was manual.. manual jack, manual stabilizer bars.. after many years of doing that, I said I want it automated lol. Plus to be able to push the button and have it raise/lower to the correct height to hookup is a major plus.

One thing I didn't get was the TVs.. At almost $1,000 for the 2 TVs, I can buy mounts and name brand TVs for half the cost. Those are the only 2 options I didn't get. I also ordered it with only 1 AC. I have a comfort fan in the bedroom and the ceiling fan. Between those, the camper should stay plenty cool. Many sites I go to are 30 amp and the couples we camp with all have 30 amp so I don't want to have issues with overload (I did get the 50 amp prep package though for the future).

I'm having them add a 2nd battery in with a dual battery tray for extra capacity just incase.. it's worth the $125 in my opinion.

Again, thanks for the reply!!

What is the name of the dealer that is a wholesaler in michigan
Old 09-04-2014, 09:25 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksilvi View Post
What is the name of the dealer that is a wholesaler in michigan
Terrytown RV in Grand Rapids. Got mine for about $500 under invoice out the door with all hoses and connections, chemicals and TP. Been dealing with Corey Clarke who has been fantastic.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:38 AM   #18

Quote:
Terrytown RV in Grand Rapids. Got mine for about $500 under invoice out the door with all hoses and connections, chemicals and TP. Been dealing with Corey Clarke who has been fantastic.

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question but when you say "invoice", you don't mean the MSRP spec sheet price, right?

My sister is shopping for this same unit right now and we live in michigan. We found several 2015 units at keystone RV in pennsylvania for $38k. That seems to be the lowest price available. Is it worth it for her to check out terry town?
Old 09-04-2014, 10:16 AM   #19

http://www.keystonervcenter.com/2015...el-pa-i1279983

Here's a link to one of their 2015 units priced at $38,322. It's got the 2nd AC, bedroom tv & equa flex suspension added too.
Old 09-04-2014, 10:52 AM   #20

looks like a good deal. I paid a little more than that but im in south and had a couple of small add-ons.