Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2016, 07:41 AM   #11
Prime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Be careful. That is a big TT and adding the weight of 40 additional gals of gas to the bed may exceed your cargo capacity.
My truck's cargo carrying capacity is 1600lbs. There are only 3 of us that ride in the truck for a total passenger weight of 600lbs. 40 gallons of fuel weighs about 350 lbs plus 30lbs for the tank itself. All together that is just shy of 1000lbs. That leaves me 600lbs of capacity for other stuff which I won't even come close to reaching.
__________________

__________________

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,702
What, you have a zero tongue weight? The TW goes against that 1600 lbs.


2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
__________________

__________________

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:35 AM   #13
Site Team
 
Flybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 5,564
You missed a few things. Your hitch weighs about 100 lbs. That leaves you about 500 lbs for the tongue weight of the trailer assuming you take no other stuff in the TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
My truck's cargo carrying capacity is 1600lbs. There are only 3 of us that ride in the truck for a total passenger weight of 600lbs. 40 gallons of fuel weighs about 350 lbs plus 30lbs for the tank itself. All together that is just shy of 1000lbs. That leaves me 600lbs of capacity for other stuff which I won't even come close to reaching.
__________________

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:40 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
flymhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mile Hi City
Posts: 611
Congrats & welcome from sunny Colorado!
__________________
2015 Denali Duramax 2500
2017 Coachmen 229TBS
2010 Shamrock 21SS - sold!
flymhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #15
Prime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
You missed a few things. Your hitch weighs about 100 lbs. That leaves you about 500 lbs for the tongue weight of the trailer assuming you take no other stuff in the TV.
Fair point. Ok, no extra gas.
__________________

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 12:55 PM   #16
Prime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,939
Agreed



Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
__________________

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:29 AM   #17
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 56
I have the 310bhds and pull with a1500 Sierra. I switched to the blue ox hitch and felt it towed much smoother (and quieter). I average about 10mpg towing. Ours is not Liberty Edition but we have numerous upgrades including all led lighting. I worry about getting stuck at a tight gas station but have not had a problem yet. Enjoy!
__________________
srderby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 07:45 AM   #18
Prime Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 1,939
Quote:
Originally Posted by srderby View Post
I have the 310bhds and pull with a1500 Sierra. I switched to the blue ox hitch and felt it towed much smoother (and quieter). I average about 10mpg towing. Ours is not Liberty Edition but we have numerous upgrades including all led lighting. I worry about getting stuck at a tight gas station but have not had a problem yet. Enjoy!

The key is finding pumps that run parallel to the building. I also carry 10 extra gallons on long trips as an emergency backup.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________

2016 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 310BHDS
2013 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LTZ 6.6L V8 Duramax
Husky weight distribution hitch with sway control
timfromma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coachmen, freedom express

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 PM.