Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #1

New to us Brookstone with Lippert Components

We recently purchased a used 2012 Brookstone 354TS from a dealer. Having to figure everything out for ourselves, very little documentation came with the 5th wheel.
Lippert wireless remote was missing. Dealer didn't know what we were talking about, but we could see componets were there for a wireless remote. We were able to figure out we have 2nd Gen levelup 6 point landing gear and lippert hydraulic slides. We ordered the lippert wireless remote. All that worked at first was the scare light. After reasearching forum we found a suggestion to reset brain module, which did the trick by unplugging the connector with single red wire, waiting 10 or 20 seconds, and replugging connector. So far we can get awning, hydraulic slides and scare light to work off remote. Cannot get electric in wall slide to work with remote. Is this option not available because it's electric not hydraulic, or are we missing something?
We were having problems with the slides blowing the 5 amp fuse. We changed out the in line fuse to a 80 amp fuse as others have done, and fuse was still blowing. We changed the 5 amp fuse to 10 amp and so far no problem.
We were able to get build sheet from FR, which indicates we have solar prep and have not been able to locate that.
Any other potential problems to look out for? Thanks in advance.
Mtbluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 10:18 AM   #2

Pictures

354TS Coachman Brookstone
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	attachment-1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	115982   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160621_091839.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	311.3 KB
ID:	115983  
Old 08-07-2016, 01:46 PM   #3

Don't come around much, so I didn't recall your post on my profile page, so sorry for the delay.

We haven't used the remote except a couple of times. As you say, it does not work on the electric slide. Just doesn't seem to be wired for it.

Where we really wanted it was to work with the landing jacks, but with the 6 point, I don't think they can communicate either.

The hydraulic slide fuse starts to blow when either 1) the battery(s) are too low, and it pulls too many amps or when the 50 amp resettable is going bad, from repeated cycles, again pulling too many amps. The 5 or 10 amp (I think we run 10 amp) fuse starts to blow more often as the battery gets lower, or the resettable (which is in the front compartment) starts to go bad.

Best thing, when possible, plug in the trailer the first thing you do during setup. This allows the most power to the devices and cuts down on fuse problems.

Next, if you notice the hydraulic stops working while opening these slides, then restarts, your resettable fuse is clicking off and back on. As long as there is nothing wrong, replace the resettable fuse. They weaken over repeated cycles of off and on resetting. Cheap, easy replacement that will save you a lot of headaches down the road.

Also, if it continues to do this, replace the fuse again. I got a bad one the first time I replaced mine. Thought it was something else, took it in to a dealer, they replaced the fuse, and it has worked fine since. Expensive lesson.

Ours did not come with solar prep, we bought off the lot.

No specific issues for the 354TS other than the large slides. Keep the slides well lubed (I use dry lube) underneath the hydraulic slides and the 4 channels on the sides of the electric slide.

Good luck. You have a unique trailer. We rarely see another Brookstone and never a 354TS. It was perfect for us having cats.
wingedone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 08:16 PM   #4

Thank you for your response. It does seem like this is a unique model. Apparently no one else cared to respond. Thanks again. Your input is appreciated.
Old 08-08-2016, 06:30 AM   #5

Don't take it too personally. I think I have seen about 3 other Brookstone owners on here, and they post very rarely. You will get more responses at RV.net, though there are no more Brookstone owners there and though you have to sift through the chaff for the wheat kernels. If you have any questions that might be specific to the 354TS, just let me know.
Old 08-08-2016, 10:28 AM   #6

Have 2010 Brookstone 345SA, I cannot help with the leveling system as ours does not have that. My remote does work all of the slides. Our remote is LCI and you have to press a couple of the buttons to activate it, if you could send photo of yours it would help.
brookstone345sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 05:10 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookstone345sa View Post
Have 2010 Brookstone 345SA, I cannot help with the leveling system as ours does not have that. My remote does work all of the slides. Our remote is LCI and you have to press a couple of the buttons to activate it, if you could send photo of yours it would help.
Just to clarify, 354's have a combination of 1 electric slide and 2 hydraulic slides. They each have their own switch inside the rig, to open and close.

Does your 345 have the same set up, or are your slides all hydraulic working off a single switch?
Old 08-09-2016, 06:31 PM   #8

Yes, we have two hydraulic slides - dining/sofa slide and entertainment/kitchen slide; bedroom/linen-pantry slide is electric. Hydraulic slides work off one switch and electric slide is on separate switch. As you can see from the controller picture I posted, ours is wired the same as yours, which I noted from a picture you posted some time ago. Our cabinet has the same set up as yours, which was how we figured out the outdoor speakers and light switches. You didn't know it, but you have already helped us out. The Lippert 6 point level up and the electric slide do not work off the remote. Here is picture of the remote we bought. It was generic - nothing labeled, we made lables that are there. Thanks again. Since there are several wires not attached to contol module, I figured that was how it was supposed to work. You never know when buying used what changes original owner has made!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160809_132150-1820x1024.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	483.7 KB
ID:	116765   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160809_132207-1024x1820.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	486.0 KB
ID:	116766  

Tags