Here's my personal checklist I used last week during my PDI. My trailer doesn't have slides, so you'd need to add to it if yours does.
· Wheels / Tires
1. Verify correct tire PSI
2. Tire brand – Chinese no-name? Or something like Goodyear?
3. Check wheel hubs – do they have grease fittings? Were they fully greased?
4. Verify lug nut torque
· Fresh Water System
1. Try all faucets
2. Look for leaks under sinks
3. Try outdoor shower
4. Check for excessive water pump noise
5. Verify water heater operation
___1. Listen for the click of the igniter and the small pop where the burner lights
___2. Turn on the AC element in the water heater (if connected) and confirm operation
· Black / Gray Water Systems
1. Check tank level monitor (assuming you can put water in at the dealer)
2. Check sewer fittings – nothing broken or loose
1. Run heater – check ALL heater vents to ensure they’re connected
2. Run AC – check ALL ducted vents to ensure they’re connected
1. Try all electrical outlets with hair dryer
2. Test GFI by pushing the test button
3. Understand which outlets are downstream of the GFI
4. Operate all light / power switches
· Stove / Oven
1. Run the stove burners
___1. Turn on all burners to verify there’s enough propane flow to operate the refrigerator, water heater, and all the burners.
___2. Verify operation of the oven pilot light.
2. Operate the microwave – boil a cup of water
3. Try the RVQ grill
· Exterior Inspection
1. Sight down the length of each side, looking for delam bumps / depressions
2. Check exterior of all windows for good alignment and seals
3. Check main entry door gasket condition and alignment
4. Extend and retract awning – inspect awning for tears, frays
5. Crawl underneath – looks for signs of obvious damage, poor welds, etc
6. Check brake lights / blinkers
7. Go up on the roof and check all seams, seals, proper seating of components, protruding screw heads
8. Try outdoor speakers
9. Try all keys
10. Check all door hinges and locks for tightness
· Interior Inspection
1. Open and close all windows
2. Try heated mattress
3. Try the TV / DVD / CD
4. Check corners of floors – ensure flooring is properly secured
5. Check all drawers and cabinets for proper operation / closing
6. Operate each blind – check for alignment
7. Check for moisture (especially if the trailer has been out in the rain)
8. Check tightness of TV bracket
9. Operate all roof vents
1. Ask about Eternabond for the exterior – recommended? Does it void the warranty in any way?
2. What is the roof made of? What recurring maintenance is recommended?
3. Where do you jack up the trailer to change tire?
4. Does hot water heater have a bypass? If so where is it and how does it work?
5. What is the battery disconnect? How does it work? Should I disconnect it any time the RV sits?
6. What sort of battery maintenance should I perform? Periodic checking / topping off the water?
7. How do you turn on and run the fridge on propane?
___1. Does fridge automatically kick over to electrical once you plug in? If not, how do you switch it?
8. Explain the operation of the converter, AC circuit breakers, and DC fuses.
9. How do you recommend winterizing? Antifreeze or blow out?
10. Are there heater and AC filters? If so where? How often to change / clean?
11. Where are the water system low-point drains?
12. Does the black tank have a flushing system?
13. How does propane regulator work? How do you switch between tanks?
___1. Any way to tell propane level?
14. Where is the circuit box?
15. Where is the water filter?
16. Where is the “yellow sticker” with actual shipped weight from the factory?
17. Where is hot water heater switch for switching between propane and electric?
18. Can I plug into a 50 amp service? Need an adaptor? Any concerns?
2012 Rockwood 2306
2007 Honda Ridgeline tow vehicle with Equal-i-zer and Prodigy P2