Old 01-19-2016, 04:26 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
Normal. Even if they wanted to get all of the sawdust out of one after the build they couldn't. It gets buried in the ceiling and down in vents and then miraculously reappears as you travel.
Note once again the dismissive reply of one of the "regulars" to a genuine concern.
Instead of comparing RV's to houses, a better comparison would be to cruising boats, another form of travelling "house" subjected to even more stresses, with which I have had a lot of experience. No cruising boat manufacturer "worth his salt" (pun intended) could survive producing such poorly manufactured products. Perhaps if buyers would speak up more often, or simply not buy until quality improved, there would be less of this.
Look carefully at the quote above. It says "even if they wanted to", implying that they don't want to.

Old 01-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #22

After 2 years I still see sawdust in some ceiling lights...termites?????? No.... not really!!!!!

Old 01-19-2016, 04:36 PM   #23
Who Dares, Wins

I would not say the reply is dismissive, it is just how it is... I do not agree with it but I can not change the way they make these things. And as fast as they are selling I do not think anyone will! If cheap sh@t sells they will keep selling cheap sh#t.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 04:43 PM   #24

Actually the truth is the trailer does go down the road & like an earthquake of about 4.0, shake loose saw dust, but the plain fact is yes they could do better but after living in a 35 year old house I do still find saw dust in odd places and no it is not termites........... a few beer cans too .

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #25

Do peaple by there trailer with dirty money?
Old 01-19-2016, 08:12 PM   #26

Quality Control, Right?

This is just one more example of how the RV business works and how many owners just let it slip by and accept it as standard practice. I keep saying that this industry is very similar to the U.S. auto manufacturing in the 1960s. Guess what happened? They were put on their heels by quality foreign car imports and have just recently began to recover. I predict that there will eventually be competition in the RV business that will do the same. The complaints about shoddy workmanship, cheap tires and things like this ridiculous sawdust crap are so common in documenting that more than 75% of the units coming out have significant problems.
Old 01-19-2016, 08:51 PM   #27

I have a 2015 FR3 and purchased it new. For sure there were many items I found (screws, wire ties, saw dust, dirt, etc. ) in the new unit. But the killer for sure was the large amount of glue found in the gray water tank and the black water tank. THis was found by the dealer when I could not empty the water in each tank. Apparently when then the tanks were installed at the factory and the holes were cut this must have happened.

thank God for a great dealer
Old 01-19-2016, 08:56 PM   #28

Larry, I found long pieces of linoleum cuttings caught in the drain valve of my black water tank as the cause for why it would not close completely. This level of incompetence is ridiculous. They must hire anyone off the street to work in the RV manufacturing factories.
Old 01-19-2016, 09:07 PM   #29
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpi26 View Post
This is just one more example of how the RV business works and how many owners just let it slip by and accept it as standard practice. I keep saying that this industry is very similar to the U.S. auto manufacturing in the 1960s. Guess what happened? They were put on their heels by quality foreign car imports and have just recently began to recover. I predict that there will eventually be competition in the RV business that will do the same. The complaints about shoddy workmanship, cheap tires and things like this ridiculous sawdust crap are so common in documenting that more than 75% of the units coming out have significant problems.
I don't see the same thing happening with the RV industry, regarding foreign manufacturers.
They don't have much interest in RVs, in their own country.
So there's no market for them locally.

Now, maybe some foreign manufacturers might invest in taking over some American RV companies and instill their quality standards there.
Then the other US manufacturers might get competition similar to the auto industry.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 09:54 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Yip. It's a mess in there!
Notice the perfectly cut holes, and the attention to detail, when running the wiring?

Attachment 98038

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
It's hard to cut holes like that, it's an art have you tried to cut one like that? Just kidding. Wonder if some of the builder check out this sight and say to other workers I'm famous they took pictures of my work.

Ram 1500
Big Horn
Hemi 5.7 2011
Salem 30KQBSS 2012
DougP47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed