Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2016, 06:51 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by northstar1960 View Post
Well that's a common false argument . the cost should not rise a penny for some quality control , drilling clean holes , running wires in an orderly fashion, cleaning up loose screws , taking the time to do the job right . the manufactures spends thousands more doing warranty repair they wouldn't have to if they just did it right at the factory .

now i can see costing more for quality appliances and electronics etc instead of all the cheapest china poop out there

What happens when production is moved to Mexico or China.

Costs decrease.

Jose, the guy at the ram plant in Mexico, doesn't need $50/hour to bolt the wheels on the truck.

Jimbo, the guy who does the same job, in Michigan. Does.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 01-25-2016, 06:55 PM   #62

It all boils down to time and cost involved per unit ! Yes, increased time on the line equates to more cost ! i have heard every excuse, low paid, unqualified workers, inferior products, not taking the time to clean up or route and loom the wiring ! Then look through the forum post, time and time again owners press the price issue ! So who is at fault ? Not me, said the crowd !
Butch Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:03 PM   #63

New Unit Sawdust on Bed

Time is money.

Their time equals your money.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:43 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
What happens when production is moved to Mexico or China.

Costs decrease.

Jose, the guy at the ram plant in Mexico, doesn't need $50/hour to bolt the wheels on the truck.

Jimbo, the guy who does the same job, in Michigan. Does.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
And just what does that have to do with quality . IF Jimbo keeps slacking and doesn't give a hoot about his work or the product he's putting out then it should go to Mexico . Why is it that Jimbo thinks he should get $50 an hr for just showing up . Jimbo is way over paid for what he's doing .
I'm not going to support him and will be looking at Jose products at half the cost and twice as nice
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 07:48 PM   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch Wilson View Post
It all boils down to time and cost involved per unit ! Yes, increased time on the line equates to more cost ! i have heard every excuse, low paid, unqualified workers, inferior products, not taking the time to clean up or route and loom the wiring ! Then look through the forum post, time and time again owners press the price issue ! So who is at fault ? Not me, said the crowd !
it shouldn't cost more ,if the owners press the price issue it's because what they paid in good hard money and what they getting in return . though good enough for them tom spend the cash not good enough for them not the complain about it . Happy satisfied customers will always spend when the time comes to replace and more people my get involved in RV 'ing if they didn't hear all the horrors stories that are true
Old 01-25-2016, 07:50 PM   #66

It has everything to do with quality.

We refuse to pay more, so they make them faster and cheaper.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Old 01-25-2016, 07:54 PM   #67

Normal stuff. First thing we did was to vacuum everywhere and flush out the faucets - yes sawdust and debris in the lines!
DrippingDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 08:54 AM   #68

New Unit Sawdust on Bed

As the Wife would say,,, The world is going to hell in a hand basket !!!
I know you guys are right,,, but I think it is a sad world where looks is more important than Quality !!! I guess that means we the buyers are @ fault for all the throw away crap that is manufactured in the world today ???
I am glad I am old enough to remember when we did Manufacture Quality products,,, IN THIS COUNTRY !!! Now we just import boat loads of crap from countries that once tried to kill us !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 05:53 PM   #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
It has everything to do with quality.

We refuse to pay more, so they make them faster and cheaper.

2016 Sabre 36QBOK
2015 Ram 3500 CUMMINS
Really ! The Rv industry is going gang busters right now . the prices are inflated to begin with and they make them faster and cheaper to make more money Not because people refuse to pay more . They are all ready paying to much for what's out there . if quality control does not improve they will kill the goose . So I would say your use of the word WE is a big stretch . better saying You refuse to pay more , for poor workmanship and lack of quality control , along with the use of cheap materials .

soon there will be a good competitor that will up the ante with quality units and good price and the others will either fall in-line or shut their doors .
It's the way of capitalism
Old 01-27-2016, 09:24 AM   #70

Quality MUST be our FIRST Priority !!!
This reminds my of a Granddaughter going out to buy a used car,,,
There # 1 priority is the color,,, who cares if the tires are balled,,, and it has a million miles on it,,, IF IT LOOKS GOOD !!!
LOL !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed