Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2014, 11:42 AM   #1

Newb Coachmen owner

Hello folks,

New to Coachman purely by accident. While having my 2011 Sundance serviced a 2010 Brookstone caught my eye. Long story short, we ended up with a 2010 Brookstone 360RL. This is out third fiver beginning with a Jayco Eagle and the Sundance.

Normally our fivers sit at Steamboat Bend Campground East of Cincinnati on the Ohio River for 6 months each year and occasional trips to TN and KY. We are in Pigeon Forge, TN this week on our first Brookstone road trip.

About the only thing that is giving us mild concern is the kitchen super slide. It's long and I'm sure pretty heavy carrying the microwave, stove, fridge and entertainment center. Both ends of the slide appear normal where it meets the interior floor but the center of the slide appears raised an inch or more. The carpet on the slide does not meet the floor.

Since the camper is on a concrete slab it is level. The opposite slide with couch and dining room table does not exhibit this problem.

I looked underneath the slide but nothing appears out of order other than the rack appears to be drooping more than the opposite side slide. Anyone have any experience with this model? I've noticed this model appears very close to the FR Montana internally so wondering if I cruised the Montana sub-forum I might find similar issues.

Nick in Cincinnati
Nick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:44 AM   #2

Slide

Hi Nick. We Have an 2010 367RL & love it. As for your problem you might consider The Coachman Rally in June. There will be a dozen service reps there
Let them take a look at the slide.We are going,hope to see you there.
Geojudi59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:20 AM   #3

Coachmen Raally

Thanks George, just learned about the rally this week. Would love to get up there and have an expert take a look. So far we really love this coach, so much room especially when entertaining.

Nick
Old 05-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #4

Question

George,

When your kitchen slide is fully extended does the inside edge drop down to floor level or is it just a bit above the floor?

Both ends have a small "hump" which I would consider normal but the hump is more pronounced in front of the fridge, almost a toe stubber.

What is the difference between the 360 and the 367?

Thanks,

Nick
Old 05-20-2014, 09:15 AM   #5

Floor

Good question... I havn't noticed any problems. I Think it drop's down flat
Next time I open it gotta check. Right now all closed up on My driveway till we pack up for Goshen.
E Mail if you need more info Geojudi59@aol.com
Geojudi59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coachmen