Originally Posted by UmptySquat
I got a decent walk through but I'm a total noob about what to do when you get home or before you head home.
1. Make sure the water storage is empty? Plug on right side just behind back wheel.
2. Empty water heater? Remove anode? What socket size is that thing anyway? 1"?
3. How do I cut all power without removing a battery cable? I turned off all the breakers but radio was still on. I guess I could install an inline switch but that seems unnecessary.
Thanks as always! You guys are great!
1. Depends on how far I'm going. Less than a couple hours, I run with all tanks empty. If I'm going a good distance 2+ hours, I'll throw a couple gallons in the fresh water tank in case of an emergency pit stop. Even if you have the tank empty, there's usually enough water in the lines for 2 quick flushes. And yes... The plug to empty the fresh water tank is just behind the rear wheel on the door side.
2. I personally do not empty the hot water tank each trip... But probably should. If I notice any smell, I'll flush it out.
3. Two choices to cut all the power. 1. Add a shutoff switch... Or 2. Unhook the wires each time. I unhook the wires each time.
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums