Old 04-20-2015, 06:44 PM   #201

We use the "Lego" style as well, but I'm seriously considering the Anderson system since watching them being used, and a set of X-chocks are on my list this season also.

The Bunkhouse! 2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Ford F-150 EB
Let's Ride
!
Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:28 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnbck View Post
What do you guys use to level your Apex 288BHS at the campsite?
Anyone use the Andersen levelers?

I use the Lynx Levelers (orange lego blocks). I have 3 sets... I typically use 1 or 2 under each wheel to level.... Then I put a stack under the steps (keeps the camper steadier when going in and out)... And then I use them under each of the stabilizers (the farther you run out your stabilizers the less stable they are). I have four caps for on them too. I also use the X-Chock on the side I have my levelers. I keep all the levelers and x-chock in a tote and it stays in the bathroom during travel. Once I'm set up, I store it under the camper for the weekend.
Note: I've never had to go higher than 2 levelers high... Normally a 5/8 deck board works.

I'm not certain... But I thought I read that the Anderson levelers are great as long as the ground is hard... Soft ground (wet) can be an issue with them sinking in.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 04-20-2015, 08:31 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
Heavy rain ='s that dam leak is back! Pulled the board off some in the front compartment, looks like its either where the awning wire enters or a screw.

Ill have a closer look tomorrow. Guess i might as well move that electric wire under the bed while i have the storage board pulled out.

How far from your dealer are you? I'd consider taking it back. Have you checked the Dicor up top on the front nose piece?

Old 04-20-2015, 08:54 PM   #204

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
How far from your dealer are you? I'd consider taking it back. Have you checked the Dicor up top on the front nose piece?

Im too far, went to pa for it!
Its ok leaks are my luck! Im crazy though, most people would have prolly never even seen this.
My campers all had some leaks, my avalanche leaked, my dodge leaked! Lol ive fixed them all, takes time for sure.
I can pick these things apart left and right but their just put together so fast! Half the staples holding panels on missed the beams!
We love are camper though!
08 dodgeram current TV
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:17 PM   #205

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnbck View Post
What do you guys use to level your Apex 288BHS at the campsite?
Anyone use the Andersen levelers?

I've got a pair of those in my Amazon cart right now that I'm trying to decide on in the next day or 2. By the time you buy enough blocks, covers and chock to make it equivalent it's about the same money.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:44 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmptySquat View Post
I've got a pair of those in my Amazon cart right now that I'm trying to decide on in the next day or 2. By the time you buy enough blocks, covers and chock to make it equivalent it's about the same money.

If you have the Anderson, you'll still want the X-Chock... It keeps the camper a lot more stable from rocking front to back.

And like I said in a PP, the Lynx Levelers have a few other uses if not being used to level.

Old 04-20-2015, 10:04 PM   #207

Potential new Apex owner/Apex 288BH info

Looked at a few reviews. The one on e-trailer shows they're 15 in long. I'm not sure it would fit between the wheels.

I lucked up and a buddy at work is selling me a set of x-chocks for $40!
Old 04-20-2015, 10:19 PM   #208

Anybody know the weight rating of the rear bumper? Thinking about putting this hitch on there with a 4 bike carrier. I would do the cheaper one but I'm sure rack and bikes is over 200 pounds.

http://www.etrailer.com/p-UF35-946402.html

That way I get free shipping if I get the Andersen levelers. Cheaper here than Amazon. Now to figure out if they'll fit between the wheels!
Old 04-21-2015, 06:30 AM   #209

Quote:
Originally Posted by UmptySquat View Post
Anybody know the weight rating of the rear bumper? Thinking about putting this hitch on there with a 4 bike carrier. I would do the cheaper one but I'm sure rack and bikes is over 200 pounds.

Ultra-Fab 2" Motor Home Trailer Hitch Receiver for 4" x 4" Bumpers - 3,500 lbs Ultra-Fab Products Specialty Trailer Hitches UF35-946402

That way I get free shipping if I get the Andersen levelers. Cheaper here than Amazon. Now to figure out if they'll fit between the wheels!
Nothing can travel on the back bumper, there should be a sticker on it saying that. These frames are light weight, thin and the top/bottom is welded to the center.

I have a set of lynx levelers also, havnt used them much cause most sites around here are pretty level side to side. I used a cut up engineered bean for the tongue and stabilizers.

You guys just use one xchock? Im gonna have to try one...
08 dodgeram current TV
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 07:20 AM   #210

Thanks Cableman. I think I've decided to make them fit in the truck somehow.

I use a pair of x-chocks. Helps a lot.