Old 09-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj68135 View Post
Yes it is disappointing. I have a Weber Q I was hoping to pipe directly in somehow but the best I came up with was a tee right off the propane tank at the front and then a long hose out to the Q. (More or less just didn't want to take the time to figure out what fitting would be necessary and then also would need to remove the regulator from the Q so things would work correctly)

Got tired of monkeying with all that so for now just using the disposable cylinders.

(Maybe hooking it in the right way will be one of next years mods. )

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Maybe there's pipe just under the fridge which can be t'd there? That's how I ran the black pipe on my zinger but the stove and fridge were on the awning side. What do these trailers use, copper or black pipe?

08 dodgeram current TV
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:43 AM   #22

A couple things to watch out for... The drain pipes in the camper were all loose. I discovered wet trash bags under the sink early this season which led me to the loose nut on the drain pipe. Tightened that one down as well as all the others which were somewhat loose and no more worry about drips.

Check all of the exterior caulking -- I found two small spots that we're not fully sealed along the back wall. Use geocel proflex rv sealant if you find any missed spots in vertical walls/seams.

To the OP, you mentioned towing with a 2014 Tundra. I highly recommend the Toyota OEM tow mirrors. Night and day difference compared to the regular mirrors. With the tows you can see down the entire side of the camper and even somewhat behind it.

Lastly, if you do not purchase the Anniversary Package which includes the power tongue jack, get one! I added on to mine and what a big difference it makes in hooking up and setting the WD hitch.

Equal-i-zer 1,000/10,000 WD Hitch
Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
kj68135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:39 AM   #23

Great info thanks! Anyone know the height of the coupler with the trailer even? I have to set my new blueox hitch up. Also how much lower is the 288? I noticed it has 2 steps vs 3 like what im use to, but i think ill like that better!
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 09-19-2014, 12:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
Great info thanks! Anyone know the height of the coupler with the trailer even? I have to set my new blueox hitch up. Also how much lower is the 288? I noticed it has 2 steps vs 3 like what im use to, but i think ill like that better!

As long as it wasn't strictly a cost cutting measure, and we have add the dreaded "third step" wooden box at the bottom. My Rockwood is over a foot shorter and has two steps. We'll see.

2014 Rockwood 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #25

On the 288 is there storage under the couch? Picks dont look like the front folds down to access.
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 09-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
On the 288 is there storage under the couch? Picks dont look like the front folds down to access.

I pick mine up tomorrow... I'll take a look... But if I remember correctly from when I walked through, when you jack knife it, there is some space under there... Couple thin totes, maybe. But I don't remember a drawer or anything.

Also... I posted earlier about only having two steps... I was looking at specs in the brochure over the weekend and it states "ext height is 10'2" w/ 14" AC"... So I mis-spoke because the height is the same as my current Rockwood, which two steps is sufficient.

2014 Rockwood 2306 w/Murphy Bed
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 09-22-2014, 02:31 PM   #27

Ok cool deal. My zinger had the front part of the couch fold down while it was up as a couch, had some good room under it for the kids toys and my rc cars! Good luck on the pick up!
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 09-22-2014, 03:52 PM   #28

KDHfan is correct there is a little space when you jack knife the sofa that something small could be put there.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:53 PM   #29

Regarding two steps being sufficient I've had mine all year at multiple camp sites and not once felt that another step was needed.

Old 09-22-2014, 07:52 PM   #30

If one of you guys could get me the coupler height with camper flat that would be great. As far as the 2 step thing i brought that up just stating that the camper must be lower then a 3 step model, which i kinda like better!

08 dodgeram current TV