Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #391
Senior Member
 
KDHfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnbck View Post
I have a blue ox. Dodge says my ram will tow 10,000 lbs. But I would not want to get that close to the max. One big reason I really like the Apex 288bhs. I also have BF Goodrich KO2 load range D tires.

I only asked because I was wondering about the air bags. Never really thought about it... The Tundra doesn't have any issues and I wondered if maybe you had some problems towing before the Apex, or if you needed airbags after the purchase.


2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:05 PM   #392
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDHfan View Post
I only asked because I was wondering about the air bags. Never really thought about it... The Tundra doesn't have any issues and I wondered if maybe you had some problems towing before the Apex, or if you needed airbags after the purchase.


2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Mostly the air bags just kept it from sagging. But realistically it only sags a very small amount once the blue ox is connected. I will get them fixed after I get home. It's not an issue for me towing without them.
__________________

__________________
rdnbck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:19 AM   #393
Senior Member
 
Cableman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: longisland
Posts: 240
I put supersprings on my 08 ram so i didnt have to worry about airing up. You prolly have a newer coil spring ram, they seem pretty soft in the rear when i was checking some out. I load my ram pretty heavy in the bed with wood, bikes and other stuff so extra help is welcomed!
I have the blue ox also the 1k ver, did it keep your setup sway free?
__________________
15' Coachmen apex 288bhs
10' crossroads zinger (sold)
09 rockwood roo 21ss (sold)
08 dodgeram current TV
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #394
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
I put supersprings on my 08 ram so i didnt have to worry about airing up. You prolly have a newer coil spring ram, they seem pretty soft in the rear when i was checking some out. I load my ram pretty heavy in the bed with wood, bikes and other stuff so extra help is welcomed!
I have the blue ox also the 1k ver, did it keep your setup sway free?
No big sway issues. Semi trucks make the trailer move when passing. Especially when it's windy. I use the same blue ox as you. And yes my truck has the coils which really sink down until the blue ox is connected.
__________________
rdnbck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 12:27 PM   #395
Senior Member
 
burch42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 182
added stabilizer jacks in front of the tires on both sides, fairly easy job seeing as I am not the handy man type, just a wanna be. LOL

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434644819.487102.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	80364Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434644829.224842.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	80365


almost no movement when in the camper with these and the X chocks
__________________
burch42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:26 PM   #396
Senior Member
 
UmptySquat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 187
Stove hood light sucks. Thinking of replacing with an LED. Does such an animal exist? Wondering with the 'high temp' necessity.

I still want to do that hood mod and move it out 6 inches...


2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
2015 Apex 288BHS
__________________
UmptySquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 08:36 PM   #397
Senior Member
 
Cableman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: longisland
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmptySquat View Post
Stove hood light sucks. Thinking of replacing with an LED. Does such an animal exist? Wondering with the 'high temp' necessity.

I still want to do that hood mod and move it out 6 inches...
This one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage
2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
2015 Apex 288BHS
Yes it does exist! I just put a paddle led bulb in, works great. Ill try and find the one i ordered....
This one....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...rch_detailpage
__________________
15' Coachmen apex 288bhs
10' crossroads zinger (sold)
09 rockwood roo 21ss (sold)
08 dodgeram current TV
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 09:38 PM   #398
Senior Member
 
UmptySquat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 187
Can you guys run AC, refrigerator and water heater at the same time off 30A? I can't. PI monitor reads 32A then the AC 20A breaker trips within a minute.

Is this a 'regular' restriction of 30A? I switch the water heater to propane and all becomes good.


2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
2015 Apex 288BHS
__________________
UmptySquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:35 AM   #399
Senior Member
 
KDHfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by UmptySquat View Post
Can you guys run AC, refrigerator and water heater at the same time off 30A? I can't. PI monitor reads 32A then the AC 20A breaker trips within a minute.

Is this a 'regular' restriction of 30A? I switch the water heater to propane and all becomes good.


2013 Toyota Tundra 5.7L
2015 Apex 288BHS

I guess it depends on what else you have running. Your hot water heater will draw the most amps.
With all three on, I was showing 28amps, so I also switched my water heater to propane. I also had on a small dehumidifier, which draws 2amps... And a few interior lights.
I'm pretty sure this is somewhat common. On my previous Rockwood, all three put me at 26amps. The difference is the A/C. This 13,500btu Dometic draws about 2amps more than my previous 15,000btu Coleman Mach. Makes no sense.


2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Tundra 5.7 CrewMax
__________________
2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra CrewMax 5.7L
KDHfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 10:46 AM   #400
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 14
Blown tire

After 3300 miles (on our way back home) one of the trailer tires blew in Joplin, MO! Luckily the rubber all stayed in tact. So no damage to the trailer. I plan on replacing all these China tires when I get home!
__________________

__________________
rdnbck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.