Old 10-18-2014, 11:14 AM   #61

Potential new Apex owner

Really like the switches. Re-routing the front LED's is a little out of my comfort zone. Lol. But I just might change out the current cheesy looking switches for something like you installed.
We don't have the frameless... And all my doors and windows are caulked. No water in the compartments or up underneath.
I do have a propane leak in my oven, however. I thought I occasionally smelled something but everyone else said I was just too psycho. My wife has a high-end gas sensor she wears for when she visits well sites... I stuck it next to the stove and it set off pretty quickly. That too is outside my comfort zone and I'll have to take it in for service.
Hopefully, we've seen the worst of it and we'll have better luck in the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 10-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #62

Getting a wire from point a to b can be hard but ill make it work! They only used that clear caulk on top of the doors nothing on the sides so maybe thats my problem. I just caulked the rear door with the dap clear stuff...

08 dodgeram current TV
Cableman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 09:06 PM   #63

The switch behind the cover plate of the hot water heater is to work it off electric right?
Heres what i did with the back storage if you want a little more room and access to water heater valves!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141020_180459.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	65108   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141020_180622.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	229.5 KB
ID:	65109  
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 10-21-2014, 05:01 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cableman View Post
The switch behind the cover plate of the hot water heater is to work it off electric right?

Heres what i did with the back storage if you want a little more room and access to water heater valves!

That is correct... That switch turns on the electric water heater. Just remember, if you flip that switch and there's no water in the water heater, your element is instantly fried.

I like the storage mod. I don't really need the extra room, but I might make the change just because I can. Lol.

On another note... This unit has so much storage. Maybe we're just light packers, but about half our cabinets are empty (outside and in).

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-21-2014, 05:57 AM   #65

Probably why the electric switch is in the unit and not inside! I would def mod the bunk to open from up top or dwn below like i did, having to un screw the bunk just once to shut valves for winterizing is too much! My wife said the same thing, so much storage she has to go shopping now lol
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 10-22-2014, 09:57 PM   #66

Heres a quick pic of the room in the cabnet above the kitchen table that was waisted! Prolly a foot on rt side and 7" gain on left side! Every inch counts! I did make new dividers out of the bunk piece i cut out, originals have the frame part visable.
Added a mirror on wall just next to main door and a key chain holder under the big switches! Figure id keep changing little things till its too cold. Next year i pay sales tax/reg here and try to get an early trip in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20141022_183935~2.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	288.1 KB
ID:	65183   Click image for larger version

Name:	20141021_184447~2.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	65185  
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 10-23-2014, 06:22 PM   #67

Yeah... That's quite a bit of space. I'll be doing that mod soon. We're still debating where to put the keys... I prefer just tossing them on the counter... The wife says not. Pretty sure I'll lose. Hahaha.
Winterized it today. Much easier than I thought (hopefully). We'll keep an eye on the weather... Might flush it if we get a nice weekend in November and re-winterized after.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 10-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #68

Found some potential leak areas where i spotted some water underneath. The screws that hold the lower skirt may be sucking in water and i found some areas that the top of that strip is not sealed or the caulk just too thin! I ran a spackle knife along the top of it and thats how i found that. The screws in the bottom of the storage compartment puddle water also, silicone them too.
08 dodgeram current TV
Old 11-04-2014, 02:15 PM   #69

Located the source of the propane leak in my stove. Bought a "gas sniffer" at HD and found the spot. Looks as though at Mfg, they bungled the threads connecting the inline with the stove... And, instead of pulling it off and replacing, just tried to torque it tighter. Bought a new brass fitting and female nut and replaced. Good as new.
I also decided to blow out the black tank flush with the air compressor. Don't know for sure, but it seemed like there might have been some water in there. I dumped about 1/3 gallon of pink stuff down the toilet so that what ever water ended up in the holding tank, it won't freeze. Anyone know if that will be enough? Only thing in there is what was left in the lines (after opening low point drains). I really have no way of draining the black/gray tanks again without pulling it out and traveling 20-minutes to dump.

2015 Coachmen Apex 288BHS
2014 Toyota Tundra 5.7L CrewMax

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 11-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #70

Nice fix, they do seem to be a little ruff on the build! I would of forgit to blow out the bw flush, thanks for the warning. As far as the antifreeze in the tank, i use to use 1 gallon total in all the drains and then toilet on my zinger. Never had any issues.

08 dodgeram current TV