Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2016, 02:28 PM   #1

Problem with AC

We love our Big Girl but did anyone hear about the corrosion issue Coachman has with their AC units? While doing our pre-trip check, we discovered all the freon was gone. Called the dealer who told us there was an issue with that year/unit/maker. Good news- the warranty was extended. Bad news- none our size in stock and we will have to come back to get a new one. 4+ hours round trip drive time for this. Luckily our trip wasn't cancelled and the weather was excellent so it all worked out but geez.... no recall or service bulletin? According to the dealer, no recall. The warranty time period was extended to try to "capture" the ones still out there. The issue was fixed after our year model. Dealer was great about it though.
RubyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Please post the make and model of the AC. Coachman uses third party AC units.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 03:39 PM   #3

Will do it when I get off work. First day back after first camping trip of the year. I am still trying to get into the grind. Still on Island Time.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:45 AM   #4
fmc

WE just replaced the original AC. It was a Dometic 13.5K unit on our 2012 Chaparral 267RLS 5er. It was very rusted. I replaced it with the new style Dometic 15K unit. I also added a second 13.5K AC in the bedroom since the one AC did not cool it very well.
fmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 10:00 AM   #5

Our unit is a Dometic 15k btu . Our TT is a 2014 Freedom Express 261SE BH. The tech opened up the cover inside and said "yep". When I looked last night, all I saw was a lot of wires and a very small label. I did not want to touch anything. While we are on the road, all the switches on the electrics are off. When we got home and started to unload, we found that all of them were on. I guess from the technician at the dealership. Would that hurt the converter? It was only connected to the truck.