Old 12-15-2015, 04:02 PM   #11
txkreddog

Sorry you had a bad experience. Our 2015 Coachmen Freedom Express had a problem with the AC compressor. We returned the unit to the dealer, and picked it up 3 days later with a new compressor installed. They too fixed the problem then sent the bill to Coachmen. From opinions expressed on this forum, unless it were an emergency, I would always take the TT to the dealer it was purchased from. Good luck getting things straightened out.

Old 12-18-2015, 12:44 PM   #12

Problems with Coachmen warranty customer service?

I have been very lucky with my trailer. Mostly minor things to fix and no parts needed to be ordered. Just adjustments and some fabrication of a bracket. I won't bring it in to the dealer during the camping season unless it is something that really is a problem. I drop it off in the fall, and expect it to be gone for a few months. Free storage

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0 3.73

2012Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)

Old 12-18-2015, 01:33 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by txkreddog View Post
Sorry you had a bad experience. Our 2015 Coachmen Freedom Express had a problem with the AC compressor. We returned the unit to the dealer, and picked it up 3 days later with a new compressor installed. They too fixed the problem then sent the bill to Coachmen. From opinions expressed on this forum, unless it were an emergency, I would always take the TT to the dealer it was purchased from. Good luck getting things straightened out.
Just to be clear, the AC is not warranted by Coachman but rather by the manufacturer ( most likely Dometic) and Dometic was aware of an issue with failed compressors due to improper charging at assembly.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by larkar View Post
We bought a new Coachmen Catalina 33BHKS at the end of March and were so excited since it was our first brand new camper (all previous ones were second hand). Long story short we had trouble with the kitchen slide necessitating taking it for warranty repair. Took it to the local Camping World instead of driving 300 miles to dealer for the work. CW had it for 6 weeks without doing any repair. We thought it was CW's fault so I called Coachmen and got some info re: authorizing the repair, shipping the parts, etc. We finally picked the camper up from CW since we had a trip planned, then took it back to CW when we returned. They kept it four more weeks with no results, no calls. When we called about it they said the parts had never come in (Coachmen had told me when I called the first time they were supposed to arrive two days after my call.)

Fed up, we picked the camper up and took it to the original dealer. Thought we were finally going to get somewhere. Same problem. Four weeks after taking it up there, we called the dealer and they said Coachmen hadn't authorized the work. I called Coachmen again and they said, "Oh - we just did it yesterday but I'll call and check." Called me back and said they just ordered the parts and they should be shipping out in the next day or two.

Fast forward to this week. Called dealer - no parts. I called Coachmen again and they said, "Oh, they just went out yesterday I think" --- almost THREE weeks since they had told me they were shipping the next day.

I called the dealer today and they finally rec'd the parts but don't know how long it will be before they will complete the repairs.

Bottom line is, when I was calling back and forth between Camping World and Coachmen the first go round, I finally figured out the problem wasn't on Camping World's end, but on Coachmen's. They drug their feet, told me one thing one time I called and something different the next. (Talked to the same person every time but one.) CW contributed to the frustration by not calling us to let us know what was going on for weeks at a time.

When we took it to the dealer for repair I had the same experience. Coachmen drug it's feet and told me flat out lies hem-hawing around.

We have not had the use of our camper for going on 4.5 months out of the 8 we've had it.

Has anyone else had this problem with Coachmen?

While packing up to go home from a camping trip just a couple of months after purchasing it, the kitchen slide cocked to the side while my husband was sliding it in, dug into the linoleum tearing a hole, and breaking the left fascia board/trim on the slide. He stopped it immediately. We were finally able to get in so we could get home.

Just had some warranty issues with Forest River with my Roo, I will never buy a new camper again, first one was a used Shasta 2012 I should have kept it, would have been easier to replace couch and chairs and fix little things then getting a new one with issues. I plan on using my Roo for two years then selling it in my own and buying a used 2015 Crusader 295RLT. At which point it would be cost effective for me to work on it myself and modify stuff to get it where I want. I love my Roo but warranty work is a PITA.

Mods to Roo so far

* Oxygenics Shower head
* Husky 4500# Jack with Remotes
* Progressive 30AMP inline surge protector

About to move spare tire carrier and add a Hitch Receiver in the bumper with a rack to hold bikes and Cooler

Removing Exterior grill arm to accomplish this also adding waterproof LED strips on Awning Tubing

2014 F150 FX4 Crew 4X4 EB
2015 Roo 23IKSS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 12-24-2015, 08:07 PM   #15

The Dealer makes the service happen. my 2014 Chaparral 327 RLKS has never stayed at the Dealer for more than three weeks for service. that included parts being shipped from Coachmen. Buy from a dealer that appreciates your Business. Clarke's RV Millbrook, Alabama

Tags
coachmen, customer service, service, warranty