Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2019, 05:35 PM   #1

Propane

I just purchased a 17 inch Blackstone griddle. I'm going to put it in my outdoor kitchen replacing the Coleman grill. I want to hard plumb a propane line to it. I also want to add a quick connect off the real of my 5er. Do they sell distribution blocks for the propane with more outlets or am i going to have to make a brass manifold?
swampdonkey772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:12 PM   #2
Retired Old Fart

Just remember if your Blackstone has it's own pressure regulator the propane lines in your trailer are all low pressure (after the trailer regulator). You will likely need to modify the Blackstone to bypass/take out the regulator on it. It can be done and there are other threads on how to do it (and I think there are parts kits sold). But it is certainly doable.

Here is a Youtube video where the guy talks about it and shows how to make the modification (with his parts list cut and pasted here). With this modification you have both the original high pressure (screw in tank) regulator and the low pressure RV quick disconnect propane options. Just use the adapter or the original unit:
  • 1 - Spare regulator assembly from Blackstone - $10
  • 1- Trico FA-1007 Brass Central Lubrication Adapter, 5/16"-24 Female x 1/8" NPT Male (Amazon) - $10
  • 1 - 1/4" Female NPT to 1/8" Female NPT Reducing Coupling ( Amazon or Hardware Store in Plumbing Department) - $3
  • 1 - Propane Gas Quick Connect Adapter 1/4" NPT Male Plug (Amazon) - $9
  • Note: you will also need an extension hose that has a 1/4" male quick connect on one end, and a 1/4" Female quick connect on the opposite end. Cost varies depending on the length of the hose.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
Just remember if your Blackstone has it's own pressure regulator the propane lines in your trailer are all low pressure (after the trailer regulator). You will likely need to modify the Blackstone to bypass/take out the regulator on it. It can be done and there are other threads on how to do it (and I think there are parts kits sold). But it is certainly doable.
Yeah they make an adapter that screws onto a hose and into the griddle. I've been following your threads. Did you ever figure out how to pull the propane lines
Old 02-21-2019, 06:21 PM   #4
Retired Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey772 View Post
Yeah they make an adapter that screws onto a hose and into the griddle. I've been following your threads. Did you ever figure out how to pull the propane lines
Not to hijack the thread, but yes. The soft rubber propane lines run all the way up to the appliances. I'm just going to unhook and drop them and reinstall when belly is back in. Cleanest way to do it. I will need to clean the sealing mastic off the lines where it goes through the bottom of the floor and inside each appliance area. If a line fails, I'll go black pipe & copper replacements.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #5

Make it easy. Get one of these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Converta-BP...d=223132423545
Old 02-21-2019, 11:35 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
That's exactly what I'm getting. The problem I'm having is i don't have a quick connect on my trailer and i need to add one and I'm trying to figure out the best route to do that
Old 02-21-2019, 11:41 PM   #7
Retired Old Fart

Have you checked under your trailer to see what your existing configurations is? Mine has a 6 port manifold.
  1. Propane feed from tanks
  2. Propane to furnace
  3. Propane to fridge
  4. Propane to oven/range
  5. Propane to hot water heater
  6. capped off - available
I suspect the 6 port is fairly standard as are the above appliances (and main feed in). It's basically a single block of metal with a set of six connected passages. Mine is mounted on the outside of the underbelly between the entry side wheels and in about a foot.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dward51 View Post
Have you checked under your trailer to see what your existing configurations is? Mine has a 6 port manifold.
  1. Propane feed from tanks
  2. Propane to furnace
  3. Propane to fridge
  4. Propane to oven/range
  5. Propane to hot water heater
  6. capped off - available
I suspect the 6 port is fairly standard as are the above appliances (and main feed in). It's basically a single block of metal with a set of six connected passages.
Yes i have the main feed going into the block. 2 out the side going to fridge and stove one out the end going to the water heater. I don't have any other ports that allow extra hoses to be inserted. Maybe I'll leave the block and add 2 T's in front of it with the main coming into the T's and new lines plugging into those
Old 02-22-2019, 12:44 PM   #9

If you don't have a quick connect get this tee and put it on your propane canister before your regulator. Use the disposable bottle connection. When you need it you just hook up your hose and no need to modify your Blackstone just use the regulator it came with.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NHLG6W...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Old 02-22-2019, 03:58 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob213 View Post
If you don't have a quick connect get this tee and put it on your propane canister before your regulator. Use the disposable bottle connection. When you need it you just hook up your hose and no need to modify your Blackstone just use the regulator it came with.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NHLG6W...v_ov_lig_dp_it
I thought about this route but being as my tanks are up front and me doing all the cooking in the back i don't want to carry a 30ft propane hose and have it laying around the camp site
Old 04-12-2019, 06:41 PM   #11

Well can't break the lines from the distribution block due to them being ran straight in with no swivel. Only option is to T off at the regulator. Went today to get a hose made for the run to the back of the trailer and they don't have anything big enough. They said anything that would be big enough and readily available was hydrolic hose. They suggested to run 1/2" galvanized pipe to the back. So that's what I'm going to do. T off regulator, drop down to the frame, pipe back on street side, cross over to curb side and attach the quick connect strait from the 1/2" pipe to the bottom of the frame using a U bolt

Tags
propane