Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-11-2015, 05:53 PM   #21
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyt View Post
I think part of the problem stems from the fact that when I ordered my trailer it was suppose to weigh 5985#. When it was delivered it weighed 6234#.
I doubt that's your problem. 250 lbs. is a reasonable increase in camper weight from the advertised dry weight when you factor in various options and things that the dry weight doesn't account for (for instance- a battery is 50+ lbs. alone). Once you factor in the other crazy things that they consider options sometimes- it adds up quick.

As another for instance, my 42' fifth wheel has a 600 lb. difference from the advertised dry weight to what my unit actually weighed coming off of the factory floor.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 05:58 PM   #22

Our advertised dry weight was 9200 lbs came it at 9800 lbs But it was mostly due to options, the happy jack beds were most of it. But ours is very different as the trailers max. capacity is 14500.....

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:01 PM   #23
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I doubt that's your problem. 250 lbs. is a reasonable increase in camper weight from the advertised dry weight when you factor in various options and things that the dry weight doesn't account for (for instance- a battery is 50+ lbs. alone). Once you factor in the other crazy things that they consider options sometimes- it adds up quick.

As another for instance, my 42' fifth wheel has a 600 lb. difference from the advertised dry weight to what my unit actually weighed coming off of the factory floor.
Besides, the "brochure weight" is the stepped down bare bones model.
I've never had a camper that was close to the brochure weight.
Of course I've not weighed the Columbus yet either.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote