Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-13-2015, 09:41 PM   #21

I cover the exterior vents for the heater, A/C, and frige with saran wrap to keep pests out.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 10:45 PM   #22

We use the big box of Bounce Outdoor Fresh dryer sheets and put them literally everywhere. Also remove any food items and anything plastic that has touched food.
dvalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 11:33 PM   #23

We have our Georgetown in an indoor heated storage area. We take all of the food out at home. We empty the closets and strip the beds but the clean linens and towels stay in the camper in Rubbermaid type storage containers. We then attack the camper with Bounce dryer sheets, every drawer, every cupboard, every nook and cranny gets dryers sheets. Out 2008 Georgetown still smells brand new....Ah, that new camper smell...LOL
Fkaske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 04:39 PM   #24

I normally take everything out of my TT, lucky so far no mouse invasions. I have wondered if the mattress and furniture cushions should come out as well. I know the dealers leave the upholstery in but with all the posts about removing linens it is making me think why remove linens!

2012 F150 FX4 Crew 5.0
2012 Coachman Freedom Express 292BHDS (outdoor Kitchen)
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:32 PM   #25

In our pup we took out all food items, all items that had had food in them (all the dishes, microwave, etc.), all paper products, and all the linens. We used plenty of dryer sheets, placed bowels of moth balls on the floor and in cabinets, and placed moth balls under the trailer. Our pup was stored in a garage where we know there were mice but we never found any evidence of them in the pup. We bought a bigger trailer this year and plan on doing all of this plus fresh cab. Maybe overkill but for a few dollars I'd rather it be overkill than clean up the mess in the spring if mice get in. Cincia
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 09:21 PM   #26

Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Blue Skies and Safe Travels

Vallgrlx2
2016 Coachmen Catalina 243 RBS
2014 Ford F-150 with Ecoboost
Vallgrlx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 10:58 AM   #27

I just emptied all contents out of my TT as part of the winterization process. I hit it with dryer sheets to the tune of about 200 dryer sheets stashed, stuffed, and laid about the camper. This weekend I have a few holes (where the water lines come in, and where the power for the heater comes in from the floor) that I want to hit with some "Great Stuff" to fill them.

What do you do about the furnace vent on the outside? Do you cover it? Not cover it?
stantyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 11:54 AM   #28

Mud dauber screen

http://www.amazon.com/JCJ-M-300-furn.../dp/B00076WQBS
Firemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 06:20 PM   #29

We remove all food and paper products and all the bedding and linens . I do also remove the tv's not sure if I have to but the temps in New England can go very low . We use Irish Spring soap and dryer sheets to keep the mice away . Don't forget the battery.

Tags
storage, winter