Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2019, 10:09 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegotl View Post
For those that use the painters poles, can you tell me how you mounted the antenna at the top and also whether you brace the pole somehow? If you attach it to the trailer, how do you do that. I don't have a ladder so I am thinking about using a u-bracket and attaching that to the trailer. Thanks for all the replies.

For mounting the antenna, I cut the handle off an old paint roller handle and use the "U" clamps that come with the antenna to fasten the antenna to the roller handle. That then simply screws on to the threaded end of the painters pole.

I do not have a ladder, so I simply use reusable zip ties ( Link Below) in an "X" to fasten the pole to the bumper. If you remove the rubber handle on the big end of the pole, the pole will not slide on the ground.

https://www.amazon.com/HOTUN-Reusabl...gateway&sr=8-3

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 04:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegotl View Post
Excellent, Thanks Fella10. So, how did you mount the antenna on the top of the pole? Did you use some sort of adapter?
I drilled out the rivet and removed the threaded tip used to attach a paint roller, ... then clamped on a piece of thin wall 3/4" pvc pipe to have a better fit that my antenna would clamp onto, ... another thing about the 24ft pole is the length, it is in three sections 8ft each, with a compressed length a few inches over 8ft , ... you may have more room than we did, but that's a serious length for storing in or around a small trailer, ... I could have cut off a few inches and fit it into one of my 5" vinyl posts, but didn't want to cut it, ... found the perfect place to store it above our 9 1/2ft slideout, made two clips to hold it in place and that works great for us, ...

I've not needed to run my pole up the entire 24ft, I run both inner sections out about half way(then its about 16ft), and sitting on top of the bumper, 18ft has always been high enough for our use, ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1116.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	451.1 KB
ID:	204683   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1118.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	410.6 KB
ID:	204684   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1119.jpg
Views:	75