Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 02:02 PM   #1

Angry Satellite problems

We just bought a 2017 Coachmen 360. Went to hook up the satellite and we are getting a code to tell us to check our switches. (code 833 from dish) the camper is wired with RG6-U. HELP!! We get codes in both the livingroom area and the master bedroom. Just don't know what we are doing wrong??
Sweetone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:05 PM   #2

what SATELLITE system are you referring to? a roof system installed by the factory or a portable antenna you set outside?
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 02:06 PM   #3

and WHERE are you 'hooking it up' at?
Old 03-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
what SATELLITE system are you referring to? a roof system installed by the factory or a portable antenna you set outside?
We have a winegrad pathway it sets outside
Old 03-05-2017, 02:20 PM   #5

Quote:
and WHERE are you 'hooking it up' at?
On the outside switch for the cable
Old 03-05-2017, 02:21 PM   #6

great, more than likely you CAN NOT use the 'cable' input on outside of the RV, but must run a coax cable directly to your receiver. some folks use a window, a door, a hole in the wet bay or other bay that has existing wiring going into the rig, etc...
Old 03-05-2017, 02:24 PM   #7

Satellite antennas, like yours, which is provided it's power from the receiver thru the coax cable, cannot receive the power due to splitters within the coach. sometimes they are behind cabinets, under bunks or drawers, on in the wall.
We decided to run ours thru an existing wiring hole in our main slide, which allows a connection to then be made with another coax cable that goes to the antenna. we just disconnect the two coax cables when ready to leave, storing the outside cable with the antenna, and the internal cable comes in with the slide.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:26 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetone View Post
On the outside switch for the cable

You need a direct line from the antenna to the receiver.
Likely, there will be signal splitters in line with the " cable " input on the outside.
Sat receivers don't like to see that.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #9

Quote:
Satellite antennas, like yours, which is provided it's power from the receiver thru the coax cable, cannot receive the power due to splitters within the coach. sometimes they are behind cabinets, under bunks or drawers, on in the wall.
We decided to run ours thru an existing wiring hole in our main slide, which allows a connection to then be made with another coax cable that goes to the antenna. we just disconnect the two coax cables when ready to leave, storing the outside cable with the antenna, and the internal cable comes in with the slide.
Just don't understand why have to run new cable for a brand new camper!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #10

Quote:
Just don't understand why have to run new cable for a brand new camper!

Because you have multiple tv's.
That input is meant for park cable.
It feeds all the tv's.

You could find the splitter in the coach, and remove it. Then it would be one line, to a single tv.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:41 PM   #11
Just as confused as you

Being that yours is a 2017 model, it looks to me they would have put a cable in for satellite. My 2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS has both cable and satellite inputs on the rear of it.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #12

yes, it SEEMS that they would, but many factories, on different models within the same brand, use differing methods for these types of inputs. While it's aggravating, you probably also have a SAT input on the back of the Video Distribution box that serves all your TVs, but that is for a Roof Mounted unit where the incoming cable is already run by the factory from the roof.

the CABLE input from the outside is for RV PARK cable signals, not Satellite signals, which is why it reads 'CABLE'. Cable inputs can deal with splitters, satellite signals can not.

I also don't know of any SATELLITE video distribution boxes, which may be why it's problematic for the builders - a lot of SAT SPLITTERS, but even then they are complicated and expensive... I just run 3 individual coax lines to each of my 3 different Satellite RECEIVERS for my 3 tvs. Once you do it, it's done. No more aggravation. : )

agreed, tho, manufacturers should all provide at least one SAT IN from the outside, but few do. I'd like to see them all provide one for each TV, but that would mean 5 for mine!
Old 03-05-2017, 03:57 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny kustom View Post
Because you have multiple tv's.
That input is meant for park cable.
It feeds all the tv's.

You could find the splitter in the coach, and remove it. Then it would be one line, to a single tv.
Ok I understand that but the the place where you hook outside the camper from the pathway has a hook up for cable, outside, masterbed room, living room and other bunk area, so does that mean the same thing for those as in for a park cable input?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:03 PM   #14

Arrow

Quote:
Ok I understand that but the the place where you hook outside the camper from the pathway has a hook up for cable, outside, masterbed room, living room and other bunk area, so does that mean the same thing for those as in for a park cable input?
are you saying that you have 5 inputs on the outside with THESE labels?
Old 03-05-2017, 04:04 PM   #15

Quote:
are you saying that you have 5 inputs on the outside with THESE labels?
YES
Old 03-05-2017, 04:05 PM   #16

I had to fish wire some coax from the docking bay to where the television is in order to get my Tailgater system to work.

The lite now has one for cable and one for satellite, I just have to label them to get it right....
Old 03-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #17

then I would 'assume' that you have a main CABLE in, for all tvs...
and the others are separate SATELLITE ins for each tv labeled... having said that, since your antenna requires power from the Receiver, this coax cable input still may not work, but try it and see.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #18
Who Dares, Wins

Can not help with the labels. But when I got my trailer, the connection was not even hooked up in my ceiling, just sitting there. Once I figured what was what I was able to run the satellite through the pre-wired connection outside to the inside One connection.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, satellite