Old 09-16-2016, 02:47 PM   #11

Yes, that is correct. Thank you!

Old 09-16-2016, 03:34 PM   #12

Reply to tbln930: First I had to remove one of the panels on one end of the entertainment center to run the new co-ax. The new cable ran from the wall plate down to the floor, then along the back of the bottom of the entertainment center to the mid-point. Then I went through the back of the entertainment center at floor level to the foot of the bed pedestal. Raising the bed I went along the bottom of the inside of the bed pedestal to a point where I drilled through to the front storage area. I then pulled all the slack form the cable and used clamps to secure it along this path. I left about 25' of cable within the storage area. I connect my sat dish cable to the cable in the storage area and this gives me a direct link to the sat receiver. I have read on this forum where people have had problems using the cable installed at the factory for some reason or another. As I stated I am going to install another outside cable port just for the sat tv. No one around here sells these and I have to order but the shipping charges for the $6.00 part is $12.00 so I'm waiting to combine an order.

Old 09-16-2016, 03:53 PM   #13

satellite t.v.

Many thanks to all who responded to my message. It sounds to me like it's going to be easier to simply run a new line and be done with it. Neither outside connection has "satellite" written on it.

It's just easier.

Thanks again to all who responded.

Jim
Old 09-16-2016, 04:01 PM   #14

Thurman,
Found all the parts needed on amazon. If you're a prime member shipping is free.

Jim
Old 09-16-2016, 04:07 PM   #15

My Windjammer was wired perfectly for satellite for my purposes. The outside connection terminates on the shelf below my living room TV where a DVR receiver and SWiM power inserter goes, right next to my IRV 66 entertainment system. Then, there's another RG6 cable right next to the other that goes to the bedroom TV receiver at the other end of the trailer. I have that connected to a SWiM splitter and ran RG6 into the storage compartment right under my bedroom TV for the outside TV receiver. Not that I do, but if I wanted, I could watch three different channels on three TVs at the same time.

The Windjammer people were thinking when they wired my trailer for satellite.

Bruce
Old 09-18-2016, 04:58 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaskell View Post
Thurman,
Found all the parts needed on amazon. If you're a prime member shipping is free.

Jim

Now what would be really awesome is if you posted your mod (with pics, of course). It would be a great resource for the forum. There have been many similar question on this (mine included).
Old 09-18-2016, 05:16 PM   #17
Coachman 312BHDS

It is easy enough to make mine full satellite but it then knocks out the cable use. We have only had one private campground we go to that has cable but I used the satellite anyways because I have the premium movie channels on DISH. I think I will just make it all sat so I don't have to do anything but add a sat splitter.

BTW - I watched sat all weekend outside at Pere Marquette State Park along the Mississippi. ;-)
Old 09-19-2016, 02:28 PM   #18

Below is a response I received today from Gary Grigsby of Coachmen. Hope this response helps others. Sounds like losing the standard t.v. antenna and replacing it a satellite dish. Here is Gary's response.

"The cable in connection on the driver side of the coach is also the satellite in connection. Once you have the satellite in hooded up you will need to remove the power booster and switch the cable in liner onto the satellite post on the plate."

Thanks Gary and to all those who responded

Jim
Old 09-19-2016, 02:50 PM   #19
Coachman 312BHDS

I spoke to them directly as well but you will not be able to use the sat in the rear connection (if you have one like the 312 BHDS) at the same time with another sat receiver unless you use a sat splitter in addition to bypassing the antenna booster.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:35 PM   #20

satellite t.v.

Coachmen did suggest disconnecting the booster and perhaps a new wallplate would be in order. Sure would be nice to have a wiring diagram of this thing. I'll get it worked out if even just running a new RG6 cable and drilling for a new outside connection and wallplate to accomodate.

Thanks for the note.

Jim

Tags
satellite