Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2018, 11:06 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
mjones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 2,063
Shifting counter top

Had my 6-month-old Apex 249 in the shop and asked them to replace caulking that had come loose between kitchen countertop and wall.

They say because of the size of the gap, they think it has slightly pulled away from the wall. They are sending pix to factory to see what they want them to do.

Any ideas about what this type of fix might involve? This is about a foot long on one end of the lengthy countertop. The rest looks fine.
__________________

__________________
2018 Coachmen Apex 249 RBS
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8


The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:18 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
SeaDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Idaho
Posts: 4,476
If the sidewall is straight then it requires lifting the countertop putting adhesive on the cabinet tops and resetting the countertop. If the wall is not straight then it requires the same removal but scribing the counter to the wall and reinstall.
__________________

__________________
Retired Navy
Jake my sidekick (yellow Lab)
2017 RAM 2500 CC 4X4 Cummins Diesel
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 01:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
mjones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
If the sidewall is straight then it requires lifting the countertop putting adhesive on the cabinet tops and resetting the countertop. If the wall is not straight then it requires the same removal but scribing the counter to the wall and reinstall.
Thank you.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Apex 249 RBS
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8


The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 10:22 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 9
We have a 2014 Apex 249 rbs. Had the same thing happen to us. The first time the dealer re-caulked the counter and wall. Then it happened again. This next time, they screwed it into the wall and said it shouldn't happen again. That was about 6000 miles ago so I'm thinking they got it this time. This was done under warranty.
thickly settled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
mjones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by thickly settled View Post
We have a 2014 Apex 249 rbs. Had the same thing happen to us. The first time the dealer re-caulked the counter and wall. Then it happened again. This next time, they screwed it into the wall and said it shouldn't happen again. That was about 6000 miles ago so I'm thinking they got it this time. This was done under warranty.
Glad to hear from another 249 owner. Sounds like exactly the same situation. Will let you all know what they end up doing. Thanks.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Apex 249 RBS
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8


The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 06:38 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
mjones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 2,063
Update: Dealer tells me FR has approved warranty work of 1.5 hours to remove, realign and re-caulk the countertop.
__________________
2018 Coachmen Apex 249 RBS
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8


The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 01:09 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
mjones12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lexington, NC
Posts: 2,063
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones12 View Post
Update: Dealer tells me FR has approved warranty work of 1.5 hours to remove, realign and re-caulk the countertop.
Done, after about a week with dealer. FR ended up allowing 2 hrs. for the warranty job.
__________________

__________________
2018 Coachmen Apex 249 RBS
2010 Silverado LT 5.3 V8


The world is a great book, of which those who never stir from home
read only a page. - St. Augustine
mjones12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.