Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2016, 11:55 AM   #1

Slide leak

We have a 2014 apex 259bhss. While camping recently we had severe thunderstorms. I noticed a heavy leak on the carpet inside. Handled it with towels until the morning. When I looked at it the next morning I found that the slide seal has a small portion that looks like it was torn or cut at instillation. Another area where I suspect the leak came from I can see light on the inside of the trailer. Besides this main culprit could I also not be leveling correctly? Does anyone have suggestions for leveling?
Firemedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:16 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemedic View Post
We have a 2014 apex 259bhss. While camping recently we had severe thunderstorms. I noticed a heavy leak on the carpet inside. Handled it with towels until the morning. When I looked at it the next morning I found that the slide seal has a small portion that looks like it was torn or cut at instillation. Another area where I suspect the leak came from I can see light on the inside of the trailer. Besides this main culprit could I also not be leveling correctly? Does anyone have suggestions for leveling?
It sounds like a seal problem more then leveling, even off level you shouldn't see any light. as far as leveling front to back and then side to side. When you back into your site put a level on the floor and see if you need to block one side up then back on to the blocks again and check. If you are good to go then front to back and tweak the sides if needed. They also make Andersons auto levelers for your tires you can just back up on them or pull up on them and they will rock the wheel up instead of lego blocks or wood.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 12:31 PM   #3

Well that's what I've done as far as leveling. Thank you
Old 07-04-2016, 07:49 PM   #4

Did you have a picture of it?
Old 07-04-2016, 08:04 PM   #5

It could be possible that your slide may be out of adjustment and not fully extending to seal properly. I do know if the leak is comimg from your kitchen slide that usues the schwintec slide system it is important to hold the slide button in for 4 or 5 seconds after slide is fully exteneded and also when closing the slide, doing this is supposed to sync the slide motors, making sure the slide doesnt get out of adjustment

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
phillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 11:41 PM   #6

It's on the dinnete slide

Tags
leak, slide