Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2016, 11:48 PM   #1

Speakers

We just picked up our new Freedom Express Liberty 292BH. Great unit. I was trying to set up the tv to play through the speakers, but cannot seem to do it. Has anyone else had this issue? Its a Jensen DVD etc set up.
FRRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 07:54 AM   #2

Yes just did the same with my chaparral found out you have to pull the radio out and plug two cables in behind it and run them to your TV my 14 lacrosse was already ran and when I got the 16 chaparral it wasn't I had to buy the red yellow cables it's not hard
Old 02-29-2016, 08:54 AM   #3

Not sure if this applies to your rig, but for us only the DVD player plays from the overhead speakers, the television only plays from the speaks in the TV.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.mcintosh40 View Post
Yes just did the same with my chaparral found out you have to pull the radio out and plug two cables in behind it and run them to your TV my 14 lacrosse was already ran and when I got the 16 chaparral it wasn't I had to buy the red yellow cables it's not hard
Thanks do you remember what the plugs were? All my TV plugs say input except SPDIF out. Any info will help thanks.
FRRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 09:24 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexBunk View Post
Not sure if this applies to your rig, but for us only the DVD player plays from the overhead speakers, the television only plays from the speaks in the TV.
What kind of set up do you have?
Old 02-29-2016, 11:35 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRRVR View Post
We just picked up our new Freedom Express Liberty 292BH. Great unit. I was trying to set up the tv to play through the speakers, but cannot seem to do it. Has anyone else had this issue? Its a Jensen DVD etc set up.

You can do this by buying a digital audio out to RCA audio in converter on Amazon. You plug one end of the box into your single digital audio out port on tv then the converter box has two outputs that are RCA (the red and white cables). Plug those into your audio in RCA plugs in your RV and then the tv will play through ceiling speakers as long as you have your stereo set to aux in for those ports. Works great in mine. Hope this helps!

JG

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
2012 Grand Cherokee Overland (Hemi)
jgump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 11:46 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgump View Post
You can do this by buying a digital audio out to RCA audio in converter on Amazon. You plug one end of the box into your single digital audio out port on tv then the converter box has two outputs that are RCA (the red and white cables). Plug those into your audio in RCA plugs in your RV and then the tv will play through ceiling speakers as long as you have your stereo set to aux in for those ports. Works great in mine. Hope this helps!

JG

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
I was thinking I might have to do that. I will have to get the cables also. Thanks!
Old 02-29-2016, 02:50 PM   #8

There should be the sets of red white and yellow on back of radio also TV atleast two just run them from radio to TV it will do the trick there a thread farther down on here with the same question that's how I figured mine out.
Old 02-29-2016, 03:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRRVR View Post
What kind of set up do you have?
Not sure? It's a 2016 Apex 300bhs. From reading others responses it looks like we could have the capability of playing through our overhead speakers too, it just isn't set up that way.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:58 PM   #10

I have a 300 BHS and I can play through the overhead speakers. Be sure to choose the right set of speakers. I can choose A(goes nowhere), B (inside), or C (outside). But as others have pointed out, need to be sure you have audio coming from the TV into the AUX input of the head unit. That's usually done with a cheap set of RCA cables.

And I would imagine most Coachman's are the same in that the speakers are just terrible. I replaced them with a set of Rockford Fosgate R1525X2 for only $40. The difference is amazing even with "OK" speakers. Music is great and movies are way better to watch.
Major Malfunction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 01:56 PM   #11
2021 Forest River 26FKBS

I bought a small sound bar that sits under our 32 inch TV. It gives much better sound than the stock sound system even with upgraded speakers.

2021 Flagstaff Ultra Lite 26FKBS. 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 for Tow Vehicle.
jeffdawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 08:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdawgfan View Post
I bought a small sound bar that sits under our 32 inch TV. It gives much better sound than the stock sound system even with upgraded speakers.

Which sound bar did you buy? Does it have a subwoofer ? Thanks Jeff

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
Old 03-23-2016, 09:22 AM   #13
2021 Forest River 26FKBS

I purchased this one. "Good" quality sound without a subwoofer. As with most things for the TT, Size and power consumption must be traded off vs performance. This sits under our 32 inch tv (I think it is 28 inches long) and has pretty good sound output. Now it does not match my 7.1 setup on my HDTV at home but then again this is for "roughing" it in the camper. For price/performance/size I would give it a rating or 9/10. It sure beats the speakers on the tv.

Robot Check

2021 Flagstaff Ultra Lite 26FKBS. 2019 RAM 1500 Laramie 4x4 for Tow Vehicle.
jeffdawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:34 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdawgfan View Post
I purchased this one. "Good" quality sound without a subwoofer. As with most things for the TT, Size and power consumption must be traded off vs performance. This sits under our 32 inch tv (I think it is 28 inches long) and has pretty good sound output. Now it does not match my 7.1 setup on my HDTV at home but then again this is for "roughing" it in the camper. For price/performance/size I would give it a rating or 9/10. It sure beats the speakers on the tv.

Robot Check

Looks nice! Yea, sure is hard "camping" without full surround isn't it?! LOL. Does the sound bar connect to tv via digital audio out or RCA ? I assume Bluetooth is a separate feature? Thanks Jeff.

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
Old 03-23-2016, 09:49 AM   #15

I have a 2011 Freedom Express 295RLDS. My dvd plays overhead but only on the right speakers. The stereo plays on right and left. I have moved the wires all over and get the video to play on the left speakers. My TV only plays on the tv speakers. Any suggestions?
inspector54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 10:18 AM   #16

Did it ever work properly? What kinda head unit do you have ? Sounds like loose connections somewhere. All speakers work in some config, so we know it's not blown speakers. Have you removed and reseated each speaker wire connection into the head unit? Is it possible that on dvd setting your balance is saved to only one side of speakers ? Thinking out loud here trying to help.

John

2016 Wildwood 27RKSS
Old 03-23-2016, 04:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex.mcintosh40 View Post
That's odd because my 360 had the cables prewired and they were just sitting behind the TV hanging out of the wall.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:15 AM   #18

I have had the Jenson head unit out many times and all cables are secure. I bought the travel trailer used and have no idea if it ever worked properly. I will take it all apart again next week and try all the combinations again. Thank you for your thoughts.
inspector54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:26 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blwnsmoke View Post
That's odd because my 360 had the cables prewired and they were just sitting behind the TV hanging out of the wall.
I honestly thought they would be like my 14 lacrosse was I ended up finding the cables to hook it up the way it should of been up in one of the cabinets. But atleast it works now that's all that matters.