Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2019, 09:46 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
swampdonkey772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California
Posts: 204
The love/ hate relationship with the 5er

So my love/ hate is I love working on my rig. Modifying making it more usable for me. Attached is a picture of what showed up in the mail a couple days ago. We leave next Monday for a week at the coast. I don't have my usual mid week days off. So now it's daddy duty on the weekends and trying to get my propane set up for my new griddle. I hate not having the time and feeling rushed to get it done. GrrrrrrrClick image for larger version

Name:	20190407_193633.jpeg
Views:	139
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	201171
__________________

swampdonkey772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:23 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 691
The love/ hate relationship with the 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdonkey772 View Post
..,I love working on my rig. Modifying making it more usable for me.... I hate not having the time and feeling rushed to get it done. Grrrrrrr

Same here. All my camping buds give me rations about which projects I have lined up while we are at camp.

Just finished packing 3 tool bags for each of my projects this week when we go to a mini frog rally.

The challenge I enjoy is getting the parts on order and ensuring I have the right tools/equipment to get the job completed while DW is out on her marathon hikes

This weeks projects:
-Installing blue strip lights under the rear end of the rig
-Install stand alone outlet for space heater
-install dimmer for movie night ambiance
-install a couple extra bolts on auto level jacks that I installed in February
-install tile backsplash (only if it rains)
-rewire connector on Jensen stereo I installed last week
-routine caulking

Nice griddle. One of these days I am gonna get one. Canít wait to have breakfast and grilled onions for dinner side dish on one of those.
__________________

__________________
2016 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 LB LoneStar Edition, w/Timbrens, Andersen Ultimate 2, Swift Hitch SH04 WiFi Backup/Rear View Camera
2018 Chaparral 360IBL w/Tireminder SMART TPMS, Furrion Wireless Observation System, Progressive EMS-HW50C
2006 RAM 3500 DRW LoneStar Edition
2011 Starcraft 392BHU w/Andersen No-Sway hitch
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
swampdonkey772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaps2018 View Post
Same here. All my camping buds give me rations about which projects I have lined up while we are at camp.

Just finished packing 3 tool bags for each of my projects this week when we go to a mini frog rally.

The challenge I enjoy is getting the parts on order and ensuring I have the right tools/equipment to get the job completed while DW is out on her marathon hikes

This weeks projects:
-Installing blue strip lights under the rear end of the rig
-Install stand alone outlet for space heater
-install dimmer for movie night ambiance
-install a couple extra bolts on auto level jacks that I installed on February
-install tile backsplash (only if it rains)
-rewire connector on Jensen stereo I installed last week
-routine caulking

Nice griddle. One of these days I am gonna get one. Canít wait to have breakfast and grilled onions for dinner side dish on one of those.
Jesus. Here I'm bitching about installing a propane line your remodeling your trailer🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
swampdonkey772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:45 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 691
The love/ hate relationship with the 5er

Yea and I have been at it for 18mo. Lol DW just rolls her eyes
__________________
2016 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 LB LoneStar Edition, w/Timbrens, Andersen Ultimate 2, Swift Hitch SH04 WiFi Backup/Rear View Camera
2018 Chaparral 360IBL w/Tireminder SMART TPMS, Furrion Wireless Observation System, Progressive EMS-HW50C
2006 RAM 3500 DRW LoneStar Edition
2011 Starcraft 392BHU w/Andersen No-Sway hitch
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:49 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 691
The love/ hate relationship with the 5er

Hey, where did you get your propane hose? Did you get a manifold to split an existing line?

Reason I ask is quick connect stuff seems to be readily available but the threaded hoses are a bit tricky to find.
__________________
2016 RAM 3500 DRW 4x4 LB LoneStar Edition, w/Timbrens, Andersen Ultimate 2, Swift Hitch SH04 WiFi Backup/Rear View Camera
2018 Chaparral 360IBL w/Tireminder SMART TPMS, Furrion Wireless Observation System, Progressive EMS-HW50C
2006 RAM 3500 DRW LoneStar Edition
2011 Starcraft 392BHU w/Andersen No-Sway hitch
chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 11:37 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
swampdonkey772's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: California
Posts: 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaps2018 View Post
Hey, where did you get your propane hose? Did you get a manifold to split an existing line?

Reason I ask is quick connect stuff seems to be readily available but the threaded hoses are a bit tricky to find.
Propanegear.com. I called them and had then make me one that was 8ft. Great people to work with
__________________

swampdonkey772 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
5er

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.