Old 05-13-2016, 03:17 PM   #11
This is all excellent information, thank you very much.

How old are your kids shorthorn? Mine are 9 and 7.

The mid bunk did strike us as a bit odd, but when primarily used for sleeping, and combined with the rear bunkhouse like the MBRB for kids to play in it, it seemed to give us good space for all.

I see that we can't all get couch seating in this model though, and wonder what factor that will play when in use. Maybe the kids will like sitting at the booth to watch TV.

Rainy days? I wonder how much that will be the case given that I'm in Vegas and will not be going more than 5 hours away the majority of the time.

Fat guy seeking a Ram 3500 Megacab and a 5th wheel to tow behind it.

pprice01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 03:54 PM   #12
hey PPrice,,, My youngsters are 5 and 9. Certainly you probably won't have as much issue with rain in Vegas as we do in Illinois... We also like the living room for cold spring and fall mornings so everyone has a seat to chill until it warms enough to head out (also not an issue in Vegas for sure).

We travel alot with my mother in law, which was the big push for a bigger unit. We really liked the MBRB so the MIL could have the back room to herself, the boys would have the bunk room, but we really wanted the living space and kitchen of the 360... We also live in the camper at fairs while we are showing, so having a place we could crash in the AC and relax with everyone getting a seat was huge for us.

2014 RAM 3500 4x4 CCLB Dually, Cummins / 68RFE / 3.42 / B&W Patriot 16K
2016 Coachmen Chapparral 360IBL

SOLD - 2012 Salem Cruise Lite 281BHXL
SOLD - 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 QCLB Cummins
shorthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 05:03 PM   #13
The 390qsmb sounds like it might be a good fit for you. Gives you a good sized bunkhouse as well as a great family gather area. You know, Palimino has a Columbus that has a better floorplan for front bed and rear bunk layout. Its not a hot seller, so they tend to be very reasonably priced. Here is an example

New & Used Travel Trailers/Fifth 5th Wheels | Top Selling Towable Brands

Theyve had that one for over a year and would probably take quite a bit off that reduced price. The perks of the columbus over the Coachmen are:
1. Frameless windows
2. One piece shower
3. Full profile
4. Front painted fiberglass cap
5. Whisper Quiet AC units
6. Rear backup camera
7. Z Frame
8. 1.5 baths
9. Higher quality furniture
10. 4 entry steps
11. Led interior and exterior lights
12. Better tires
13. Better brakes
14. MCD day/night shades
15. Stainless sink
16. Residential fridge
17. Residential microwave
18. Nicer bathroom faucets and sinks.

No Azdel

The Columbus is more comparible to the Brookstone.

But, you might like this floorplan.
Corpus Christi, Texas

TT: 2016 40' Chaparral 360IBL at 14000lbs
TV: 2016 F450 Platinum 6.7 CC LWB FX4, B&W Companion Hitch
IronCobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 06:29 PM   #14
Originally Posted by pprice01 View Post
I like the living space in the 360, and the kitchen is beautiful, but I don't want to give up the extra 1/2 bath or the available sleeping options.

Fat guy seeking a Ram 3500 Megacab and a 5th wheel to tow behind it.
I was in the same boat as you. I have 2 young kids and didn't want to give up the extra half bath and I really wanted an outdoor kitchen.

However after seeing the 360.. I said to myself that I could put a mini fridge in the basement and I have my weber grill (didn't care about the dinky grills that come with the outdoor kitchen) so I easily gave that up. As far as the half bath.. the bathroom in the 360 is very spacious and it has a residential full size shower which was awesome. So easy to for us to give showers to our girls with it and not feel cramped.

Whenever it rains, our camper is the "go to" camper for all of us that camp together (typically 2-3 families) with plenty of room to spare.

2015 F350 6.7 Platinum
2015 Coachmen 360IBL
blwnsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote