Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2015, 05:44 PM   #1

touch up paint

O.K. so I backed my 2013 Coachman 30RLS into a barbed wire fence. Who knew they were that long?.

Anyway, I have a minor scratch on the aluminum siding and can, easily, touch it up with a paint pen, if I can find one.

Anyone know where the color code for this unit can be found? I think it may be like a car and in the vin number but not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim
jpaskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 05:48 PM   #2

Your best bet is to find a local automotive paint distributor with a portable color camera for paint matching. They can mix a small amount. Can't get it out of FR anymore because of the onerous shipping requirements.
Old 03-10-2015, 06:03 PM   #3

My wife and I own and operate a collision repair shop that repairs light duty vehicles, semis, and RV's/TT. Although there is technically a way to determine a paint code, we find it easier to choose from our color decks a color that's closest to your desired color. I would suggest finding a or going to the collision repair shop you trust. They should have no problem finding your color match and mixing up a small bottle of touch up, if you find a good one(like us!&#128516they will simply touch it up for you! Good luck! BTW you shouldn't pay any more then 50-100$ for this, I personally would on the lower end of the scale.
AJCR2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:16 PM   #4

touch up paint

Thank you both for the information. I'll be on my way to the Sherwin Williams auto paint store tomorrow.

I really appreciate the help.

Jim
Old 03-12-2015, 12:05 PM   #5

I had a buddy who needed to touch up his Berkshire. First the paint codes were on a label on the door so you might want to check there.

Second he called around to auto paint shops, Found one with a camera like device that took a picture of the coach. This camera like device is used to match colors. They mixed up a custom blend that was a perfect match. So you may want to ask if the shop can do this.

We get touchup with out Berkshire. Have you checked all the packages that came with your coach? Maybe you did also.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:10 PM   #6

Silver,

Thanks for the note. I am going to visit an automotive paint shop today and see what they have to offer.

Thanks for the input.

Jim