Old 06-23-2016, 08:48 PM   #1
Sky&Scuba

Traded Flagstaff 25KS for a Catalina 253 RKS

Well with the grand daughter getting older 2+ now and the sales at the local dealer on the 16 campers we traded again...

Love the new camper lots of room and needed the separate bedroom so when we take the baby we can close the pocket door for the room and we all have our own space.

After just a day in the back yard of the house. I start going through it to rewire and install things the way we want it. Surge Protector, Voltage Reg, Table next to couch, Dimmer for LED's under awning, Swap all lights for LED's, Switch and Pilot light for Water Heater (AC Side), Rewire Power for my Wireless Camera in Back. Added small TV in bedroom, Fantastic Fan on roof...

Where the Surge Protector is I installed Plexiglas to cover the hole so I can see the lights with the covered.

I know WDH not setup property... This was straight from the dealer. I have since fixed that. I could have pumped up the airbags but was just towing from dealer to house...

TV: 2015 F150 3.5 Ecoboost Lariat FX4 2" Autospring Lift front and rear and 5100 shocks in rear (275/60/20 KO2 Tires)

Here are some pics:

Old 06-23-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
Sky&Scuba

More pics Limited to 10 per Post...

Found the Visio TV at a local thrift store for $5... Had to buy a remote but well worth it...

And a Pic of the Grand Baby... She loves sitting in the F150 and playing with all the buttons. It has alot of them. LOL

Old 06-27-2016, 01:36 PM   #3
Professional Curmudgeon

Well done!
We just returned from a week at Pleasant Island, NC where I managed to leave my Progressive Industries surge protector hanging in the power pedestal. Now I'm thinking of getting a hard wired unit so I don't leave it behind. Under the refrigerator looks like a good place for it.
One thing that's always bugged me is the lack of a table at the kitchen end of the sofa. Now I think I'll see if I can't get a piece to match the counter tops and copy your solution.

Here's my latest mod:

Not shown is the "reading lights" I took down and installed inside the closets. Makes finding stuff so much easier!
2012 F250 Lariat 6.2L Crew Cab FX4
wrvond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 07:47 AM   #4
Sky&Scuba

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrvond View Post
Well done!
We just returned from a week at Pleasant Island, NC where I managed to leave my Progressive Industries surge protector hanging in the power pedestal. Now I'm thinking of getting a hard wired unit so I don't leave it behind. Under the refrigerator looks like a good place for it.
One thing that's always bugged me is the lack of a table at the kitchen end of the sofa. Now I think I'll see if I can't get a piece to match the counter tops and copy your solution.

Here's my latest mod:
Not shown is the "reading lights" I took down and installed inside the closets. Makes finding stuff so much easier!
Those lights look great in the bedroom. If you are interested here are the Folding Shelf Brackets I used for the extra End Table. We just bought the board from Lowes and stained it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006LA2GA/

I did not mention it but the last thing I did was add some AC power to that other side of the Couch in the slide. I just cut one end of an extension cord and ran it behind the couch and down the same hole where the 12VDC is for the light on the slide and then around and under the sink and cabinets to the AC Power and Converter. Also use Velcro to hold down a nice power strip with USB power for the phones and tablets.

I also upgraded the Thermostat on the wall to a digital one from eBay.

Enjoy the new camper...

Old 06-28-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
Professional Curmudgeon

Thanks for the link. Those brackets look like just the ticket. I think I'll check with the factory to see if I can get a top that matches the tables and counters.
We bought ours new in 2013 and one of the first mods I did was put a door on the opening over the refrigerator:
Old 06-29-2016, 05:07 AM   #6
Sky&Scuba

Quote:
Thanks for the link. Those brackets look like just the ticket. I think I'll check with the factory to see if I can get a top that matches the tables and counters.
We bought ours new in 2013 and one of the first mods I did was put a door on the opening over the refrigerator:
That's a nice upgrade. Did you buy the matching door from the factory?
Old 06-29-2016, 09:03 AM   #7
Professional Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kendive View Post
That's a nice upgrade. Did you buy the matching door from the factory?
Thanks.
I had the dealer obtain it for me. It's exactly the same as the ones over the sofa, so I think they claimed one was found damaged during PDI.

BTW, I highly recommend looking at the bottom of the slide - you'll see two gear tracks with holes for ten screws each. Mine only had two screws each holding the tracks to the bottom of the slide. When the two fell out of one track it didn't want to retract properly. 18 screws later, neither track is going anywhere it shouldn't!
Old 06-29-2016, 10:31 AM   #8
Sky&Scuba

Quote:
Thanks.
I had the dealer obtain it for me. It's exactly the same as the ones over the sofa, so I think they claimed one was found damaged during PDI.

BTW, I highly recommend looking at the bottom of the slide - you'll see two gear tracks with holes for ten screws each. Mine only had two screws each holding the tracks to the bottom of the slide. When the two fell out of one track it didn't want to retract properly. 18 screws later, neither track is going anywhere it shouldn't!

Thanks for the tip i will check the slide tracks for sure.

Tags
cat, catalina, flagstaff